News:

The AARoads Wiki is live! Come check it out!

Main Menu

Recent posts

Pacific Southwest / Re: California
Last post by Quillz - Today at 05:05:18 PM
Quote from: Plutonic Panda on Today at 01:36:45 PMA lot of retailers have closed and yes, you could attribute that to the pandemic, but they've also attribute it to an increased and retail theft so there's more to it.
Retailers learned about 20 years after Amazon that many people like ordering things online and having them delivered. So many retail stores started doing at-home delivery, and found out it doesn't really impact their bottom line to close down stores, so they do that. Yes, theft doesn't help, but having worked in retail and seeing the numbers that AP won't make public, it's more a good excuse than the reality of why they do it. As always, follow the money. Closing stores and shifting to at-home delivery means less rent to be paid, fewer employees to be paid, and so on.
Traffic Control / Re: 1-2-3 Route number Additio...
Last post by 74/171FAN - Today at 05:03:49 PM
Mid-Atlantic / Re: Francis Scott Key Bridge (...
Last post by MASTERNC - Today at 05:01:36 PM
The bigger question than cost is how long a replacement would take. My guess is years. In that case, does anything need to be done to address traffic issues? Maybe MDSHA can fast track the Beltway project with the shoulder riding and ramp meters? I'm guessing projects like the I-70 interchange may be delayed to avoid adding more congestion
Quote from: hbelkins on Today at 02:21:07 PMThe Ohio Valley of KY meet 2002 should be placed at the Greenbo Lake State Park Lodge in Greenup County.

My Somerset, KY meet is missing from the list. As is my Charleston, WV meet. I can't remember the dates of them, although the Charleston meet happened the same year (IIRC) as the State College meet.

A year will be sufficient enough I think. If it isn't exactly correct that's okay. Have number, will add.
Off-Topic / Re: How do you define the Midw...
Last post by jlam - Today at 04:56:52 PM
I would probably put all of Colorado's High Plains (east of Limon but north of I-70) in the Midwest, but using the straight lines, that would put part of New Mexico in the South, which it is most assuredly not.
Last post by Life in Paradise - Today at 04:55:23 PM
The bridge will also need to be redesigned due to the lack of redundant structural integrity, which is the reason it went down so quickly.
Last post by Rothman - Today at 04:52:43 PM
My bet is $5-6B.
Last post by JayhawkCO - Today at 04:50:43 PM
Quote from: kphoger on Today at 04:45:56 PMI'd personally slant the West line a bit to the southeast-northwest, but leave the point of intersection the same.  So the north end of the line would be near the MT/ND border, and the south end would be farther down the Rio Grande.  But that's about it.

I could be amenable to that as well. Eastern Montana, as we've discussed could be Midwestern. It would probably make Sterling, CO in the Midwest which isn't unreasonable. And something like Ozona, TX could be in the West.
Off-Topic / Re: Your Favorite Forum Quotes
Last post by paulthemapguy - Today at 04:48:16 PM
To contribute additional emphasis to the bit I was laughing at...

Quote from: I-35 on November 02, 2021, 02:40:41 PMTell me the locals have shortened that to the CoC Ring.
Last post by kphoger - Today at 04:45:56 PM
I'd personally slant the West line a bit to the southeast-northwest, but leave the point of intersection the same.  So the north end of the line would be near the MT/ND border, and the south end would be farther down the Rio Grande.  But that's about it.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.