News:

Thanks to everyone for the feedback on what errors you encountered from the forum database changes made in Fall 2023. Let us know if you discover anymore.

Main Menu

Unofficial Simpsons Trivia (and other non-road trivia)

Started by getemngo, November 06, 2014, 12:05:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

getemngo

Tonight in chat, we saw an unusually high number of Simpsons-related nicknames and Simpsons references. I suggested we do a Simpsons trivia night in the future and got a somewhat enthusiastic response.

Obviously this wouldn't be officially sanctioned trivia, but since there's always a Trivia channel in the chatroom... would any of the site staff object to such a thing, as long as it didn't conflict with a regular trivia night? And who else on the site would like to participate in Simpsons Trivia?  :D

This could open the door up for other people to host baseball trivia, hockey trivia, radio trivia, or whatever else AARoads members would like. It just seems like a shame that the trivia room only gets used once every couple months.
~ Sam from Michigan

Molandfreak

Count me in! South Park trivia would be awesome, too. ;-)
Quote from: Max Rockatansky on December 05, 2023, 08:24:57 PM
AASHTO attributes 28.5% of highway inventory shrink to bad road fan social media posts.

Alps

US81

getemngo

Quote from: Alps on November 06, 2014, 06:45:32 AM
Yeah, cause we do regular trivia so often.

That's my point. If we're not having regular trivia, might as well have some kind of trivia.

I fear, though, that this would fall apart either from a lack of advertising (no way could I get a site announcement) or because anything more specific than "roads" would have too small a pool of contestants.  :-/
~ Sam from Michigan

Alps

Quote from: getemngo on November 06, 2014, 02:09:36 PM
Quote from: Alps on November 06, 2014, 06:45:32 AM
Yeah, cause we do regular trivia so often.

That's my point. If we're not having regular trivia, might as well have some kind of trivia.

I fear, though, that this would fall apart either from a lack of advertising (no way could I get a site announcement) or because anything more specific than "roads" would have too small a pool of contestants.  :-/
You can definitely get a site announcement. Just bring it to an admin's attention.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.