Hierarchy of US Highways in your State

Started by GaryV, February 06, 2015, 08:13:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RobbieL2415

Quote from: TravelingBethelite on February 15, 2017, 12:44:21 PM
My stab at Connecticut: (in descending importance)

Tier 1
U.S. 6
U.S. 1

Tier 2
U.S. 5
U.S. 202
U.S. 44
U.S. 1A (Stonington)
US 7?

TravelingBethelite

Quote from: RobbieL2415 on February 15, 2017, 09:37:43 PM
Quote from: TravelingBethelite on February 15, 2017, 12:44:21 PM
My stab at Connecticut: (in descending importance)

Tier 1
U.S. 6
U.S. 1

Tier 2
U.S. 5
U.S. 202
U.S. 44
U.S. 1A (Stonington)
US 7?

Look at my reply, #99. I corrected it.
"Imprisoned by the freedom of the road!" - Ronnie Milsap
See my photos at: http://bit.ly/1Qi81ws

Now I decide where I go...

2018 Ford Fusion SE - proud new owner!

iowahighways

Since nobody has mentioned it yet, here's my attempt at Iowa:

• US 20 - the state's most important east-west corridor aside from I-80, in the process of becoming four lanes (mostly) from border to border
  • US 218 - makes up large chunks of the Avenue of the Saints, even if it has been overshadowed by I-380 between Waterloo and Cedar Rapids (and follows I-380 between CR and I-80)
  • US 151 - important four-lane corridor connecting Cedar Rapids, Dubuque, and Wisconsin
  • US 61 - important four-lane corridor connecting the Quad Cities, Dubuque, and Wisconsin; south of Davenport it runs relatively close to the Avenue of the Saints but there are still long-term plans to four-lane the segment between Muscatine and Burlington
  • US 30 - would rank higher if not for its proximity to I-80
  • US 63 - most significant from Waterloo northward and Oskaloosa southward; IA 14, 330, and 163 overshadow the stretch in between
  • US 34 - mostly serves smaller communities west of Ottumwa, but is part of the Des Moines-Burlington expressway east of there
  • US 71 - north-south corridor that is far from any Interstate but its largest cities (Spencer, Storm Lake, and Carroll) barely have over 10,000 people
  • US 18 - part of the Avenue of the Saints between Clear Lake and Charles City, but aside from Mason City it mostly serves smaller communities in north Iowa
  • US 52 - points for scenery through the Driftless Area of northeast Iowa, but is mostly two lanes outside of Dubuque; overshadowed by US 61 south of there
  • US 169 - Fort Dodge is by far the largest city but loses significance south of I-80, running relatively close to I-35
  • US 75 - four lanes between Sioux City and Le Mars, but sandwiched between I-29 in South Dakota and the four-lane IA 60 north of there
  • US 59 - serves cities of less than 10,000 (Denison is the largest) in western Iowa
  • US 67 - again, points for scenery for mostly running along the Mississippi, but mostly overshadowed by US 61
  • US 65 - mostly overshadowed by I-35, despite the freeway bypass around Des Moines
  • US 6 - overshadowed by I-80
  • US 69 - overshadowed by I-35
  • US 275 - overshadowed by I-29; sometimes gets mis-signed as IA 275
  • US 136 - entirely within Keokuk
  • US 77 - ends as soon as it crosses into Sioux City
The Iowa Highways Page: Now exclusively at www.iowahighways.org
The Iowa Highways Photo Gallery: www.flickr.com/photos/iowahighways/

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.