Jackie Robinson West to Forfeit Championship

Started by Henry, February 12, 2015, 01:05:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Henry

Go Cubs Go! Go Cubs Go! Hey Chicago, what do you say? The Cubs are gonna win today!

Billy F 1988

And it's not the kids' fault either. I'll take a guess as to whose fault it is that this school was stripped of its title: It starts with a P. Ends with S. A pair of irresponsible people that were "fixing" the system for this school to earn the U.S. championship. Oh, I see how this is. It's the parents! Duh! Who else but their parents would go these extra lengths to fix the system, which isn't broken per se, and think they can get away with it? Where are the lessons of teamwork, sportsmanship, and classmanship? Ooops. I just threw those out the window only because I care about my kids to win a baseball game.

Yeah. Just what I figure would happen. You really can't blame the kids for this happening. They're so young, talented and gifted with their abilities that could lead them to the professional big leagues in their future, but, nooooo. The parents have to step in and tarnish this very future from them "'cause they care about their kids winning games"! I'd care less about my kid winning or losing! The thing I'd care the most is that, if I had a kid playing little league baseball, is that he does his absolute best and never forget about what has been taught to this child. These parents aren't getting Best Parents of the Year awards simply from cheating the system. It's just a real shame these kids worked so hard only for the parents and other responsible parties involved to reduce them to nobodies. And I ask myself: is this really what our sports culture is about now?
Finally upgraded to Expressway after, what, seven or so years on this forum? Took a dadgum while, but, I made it!

Brandon

^^ it's nothing new.  Let's go back to the 1919 World Series.
"If you think this has a happy ending, you haven't been paying attention." - Ramsay Bolton, "Game of Thrones"

"Symbolic of his struggle against reality." - Reg, "Monty Python's Life of Brian"

Billy F 1988

Finally upgraded to Expressway after, what, seven or so years on this forum? Took a dadgum while, but, I made it!

Alps

Quote from: Billy F 1988 on February 13, 2015, 09:14:21 PM
And it's not the kids' fault either. I'll take a guess as to whose fault it is that this school was stripped of its title: It starts with a P. Ends with S.
8=D

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.