News:

Thanks to everyone for the feedback on what errors you encountered from the forum database changes made in Fall 2023. Let us know if you discover anymore.

Main Menu

A little about myself...

Started by noelbotevera, May 21, 2015, 10:28:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

noelbotevera

Alright, I'm gonna have to admit something here. I'm the youngest roadgeek on this site and I can trust you guys. I'm only eleven years old and have this deep interest with roads. Unfortunately, I can't pick up road maps due to being in a rush or a lack of provisions. My parents always want the direct route when I want something that may take longer or use the back roads. I love scenery, I ADORE signs (all about the button copy!  :sombrero:), but my family can't buy my own digital camera for me to take pictures of signs. We use phone camera which sucks, but, I haven't started here first, and I'm revealing too much, but I'm investing a lot of trust into this forum. I check this place every day to look at new messages, and appreciate what you guys say to fix my errors. I...am the youngest roadgeek here, and I'm ok with that. Hey, guess I can trust you guys! I was born and raised in Lumberton, North Carolina in 2004 and moved to Chambersburg, Pennsylvania in 2006. I have lived here in Chambersburg ever since.

Bumping this a little bit (sorry) - Being transplanted from the poor farms and prairies of eastern North Carolina and heading north up to the rich lands of Pennsylvania, I've had an enjoyable life!
Pleased to meet you
Hope you guessed my name

(Recently hacked. A human operates this account now!)

Zeffy

Quote from: noelbotevera on May 21, 2015, 10:28:39 PM
Alright, I'm gonna have to admit something here. I'm the youngest roadgeek on this site and I can trust you guys. I'm only eleven years old and have this deep interest with roads. Unfortunately, I can't pick up road maps due to being in a rush or a lack of provisions. My parents always want the direct route when I want something that may take longer or use the back roads. I love scenery, I ADORE signs, but my family can't buy my own digital camera for me to take pictures of signs. We use phone camera which sucks, but, I haven't started here first, and I'm revealing too much, but I'm investing a lot of trust into this forum. I check this place every day to look at new messages, and appreciate what you guys say to fix my errors. I...am the youngest roadgeek here, and I'm ok with that.

Welcome. Age is not a problem here so long as you know that some content may not be totally suitable for kids, though we try to filter the really bad stuff out as best as we can.
Life would be boring if we didn't take an offramp every once in a while

A weird combination of a weather geek, roadgeek, car enthusiast and furry mixed with many anxiety related disorders

SignGeek101

Welcome from blue sky Winnipeg!

I'll tell ya, I don't really drive much; I don't like driving. It's difficult for me to take pictures of signs (because I don't drive much) so I can relate to you a bit. I'm more of a signgeek though (as implied by my name) than a roadgeek. Anyway, there aren't any button copy signs where I live; most of the signs are either in newer Highway Gothic or Clearview fonts.

There have been other young people join (I recall a fellow from California back in 2012 was only 12 when he joined). If you're interested in roads, signs, maps, whatever, you're welcome here.

Look at it from a positive point of view. There is a new generation of road / signgeeks!

hotdogPi

Welcome from Massachusetts!
Clinched

Traveled, plus
US 13, 44, 50
MA 22, 40, 107, 109, 117, 119, 126, 141, 159
NH 27, 111A(E); CA 133; NY 366; GA 42, 140; FL A1A, 7; CT 32; VT 2A, 5A; PA 3, 51, 60, QC 162, 165, 263; 🇬🇧A100, A3211, A3213, A3215, A4222; 🇫🇷95 D316

jeffandnicole

Quote from: noelbotevera on May 21, 2015, 10:28:39 PM
Alright, I'm gonna have to admit something here. I'm the youngest roadgeek on this site and I can trust you guys. I'm only eleven years old and have this deep interest with roads. Unfortunately, I can't pick up road maps due to being in a rush or a lack of provisions. My parents always want the direct route when I want something that may take longer or use the back roads. I love scenery, I ADORE signs (all about the button copy!  :sombrero:), but my family can't buy my own digital camera for me to take pictures of signs. We use phone camera which sucks, but, I haven't started here first, and I'm revealing too much, but I'm investing a lot of trust into this forum. I check this place every day to look at new messages, and appreciate what you guys say to fix my errors. I...am the youngest roadgeek here, and I'm ok with that.

Welcome!

Don't worry about what camera you're using.  Most people only use cell phone cameras.  if you look thru here enough you'll see plenty of blurred or low-quality pics.  Many times, people don't have a camera at the ready - they see something and quickly grab a pic as they drive by.  If you miss the pic, you can always jot down the location and try to pull it up on Google Street View, and show off your find that way!

JakeFromNewEngland

Welcome to the forums! Don't worry about being the youngest, you seem to have some great knowledge of roads. I also love button copy signs and it's sad to see some of them being replaced here in New England.

Alps

Well, when I was admin there was talk about not allowing users under 13 due to COPRA and potential legal liabilities. As long as you contribute intelligently, you're probably fine. Worst case, should you have to wait and come back at 13, we'll be patient!

noelbotevera

Quote from: Alps on May 23, 2015, 11:38:02 PM
Well, when I was admin there was talk about not allowing users under 13 due to COPRA and potential legal liabilities. As long as you contribute intelligently, you're probably fine. Worst case, should you have to wait and come back at 13, we'll be patient!
Meh. Should be at least fine and get away with this. 
Pleased to meet you
Hope you guessed my name

(Recently hacked. A human operates this account now!)

mrsman

Welcome from the Washington DC area.

I have a son who is your age, but cannot write as well as you can. 

Maybe we're not raising him right.   :paranoid:

Anyway, glad to see intelligent conversation from someone your age.

KG909

Holy fuck kids from 2004 are now 11. I'm 16 and now feel old. Anyway welcome sir.
~Fuccboi

route17fan

John Krakoff - Cleveland, Ohio

freebrickproductions

It's all fun & games until someone summons Cthulhu and brings about the end of the world.

I also collect traffic lights, road signs, fans, and railroad crossing equipment.

(They/Them)

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.