News:

Thank you for your patience during the Forum downtime while we upgraded the software. Welcome back and see this thread for some new features and other changes to the forum.

Main Menu

Love this site!

Started by jecht, June 28, 2015, 01:45:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jecht

My name is Josh and I've been a road geek most of my life. I live in Columbus but lived in CLE for 28 years. One of my best memories was being able to travel US 422 after it was fully completed on 12/3/92--my third-grade class was going to the Nutcracker in Warren (I lived east of Cleveland at the time).

There was an article in the PD that said it would open 12/3/92 and it did, but not until the afternoon. that morning we still took old US 422 over, but that afternoon the road was open and we took it back to OH-306.

I used to show dogs so I memorized road atlases (no GPS at the time).

then I found this site but got busy and only now have I had time to join :)

hotdogPi

Welcome from Massachusetts!
Clinched

Traveled, plus
US 13, 44, 50
MA 22, 40, 107, 109, 117, 119, 126, 141, 159
NH 27, 111A(E); CA 133; NY 366; GA 42, 140; FL A1A, 7; CT 32; VT 2A, 5A; PA 3, 51, 60, QC 162, 165, 263; 🇬🇧A100, A3211, A3213, A3215, A4222; 🇫🇷95 D316

nexus73

Where we're going we will need roads...LOL!  Glad you found us.

Rick
US 101 is THE backbone of the Pacific coast from Bandon OR to Willits CA.  Industry, tourism and local traffic would be gone or severely crippled without it being in functioning condition in BOTH states.

slorydn1

Welcome from sunny and hot eastern North Carolina!
Please Note: All posts represent my personal opinions and do not represent those of any governmental agency, non-governmental agency, quasi-governmental agency or wanna be governmental agency

Counties: Counties Visited

iBallasticwolf2

Welcome from Sarasota (Actually my normal location is Cincinnati)
Only two things are infinite in this world, stupidity, and I-75 construction

SignGeek101

Welcome from construction filled Winnipeg!

bejacob

Welcome from another Columbus road fan.

jakeroot

Greetings. There are many users on this forum from Ohio. I am not one of them (you couldn't pay me to live in Ohio) but I can assure you, you will find plenty of company here.

theline

On the other hand, I'd love to live in Ohio to be close to my Indians and Browns. Alas, that never happened. I'm stuck rooting from afar, in South Bend, Indiana. I'm thankful for our modern age that allows me to be there virtually, and for the Toll Road and Turnpike that take me to Cleveland occasionally.

Welcome from a Hoosier neighbor!

freebrickproductions

Welcome to the forums from Alabama!
It's all fun & games until someone summons Cthulhu and brings about the end of the world.

I also collect traffic lights, road signs, fans, and railroad crossing equipment.

(They/Them)

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.