News:

Thanks to everyone for the feedback on what errors you encountered from the forum database changes made in Fall 2023. Let us know if you discover anymore.

Main Menu

2015 FIFA Women's World Cup

Started by Desert Man, July 05, 2015, 08:16:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Desert Man

Today in the 2015 FIFA Women's world cup final: The US vs. Japan. I have my TV on to watch the game: US scored a goal a minute ago (5-2) after Japan scored theirs after halftime ended. Go USA! They're most likely going to win! We have a better women's team than men's, and hopefully we have an American woman president in the future.
Get your kicks...on Route 99! Like to turn 66 upside down. The other historic Main street of America.

1995hoo

Utter dominance, regardless of your irrelevant final sentence that has nothing to do with soccer.

Never seen a hat trick within the first 16 minutes of a soccer game before tonight.
"You know, you never have a guaranteed spot until you have a spot guaranteed."
—Olaf Kolzig, as quoted in the Washington Times on March 28, 2003,
commenting on the Capitals clinching a playoff spot.

"That sounded stupid, didn't it?"
—Kolzig, to the same reporter a few seconds later.

kurumi

I watched the game with a group of Japanese friends (though the bar overall was pro-US). Those early goals really took the sport out of any trash talking that could have taken place. I spent most of the game feeling sympathy for my dejected friends :-(
My first SF/horror short story collection is available: "Young Man, Open Your Winter Eye"

english si

Quote from: 1995hoo on July 05, 2015, 10:50:13 PMNever seen a hat trick within the first 16 minutes of a soccer game before tonight.
Southampton's 6 goals v Villa last season were Mané 13′, 14′, 16′ Long 26′, 38′ Pellè 81′ (and Benteke 45' for Villa)

But to be 4-0 up that soon in any match is totally unheard of - especially a big tournament final. Normally they are cagey affairs as the desire not to lose it after coming so far is higher than the desire to win it.

And well done the Lionesses - most importantly beating the Germans: something unheard of. That was a bigger feat than getting to the semis and being the better team in them. (and note that it was a cagey affair, taking 109m and a penalty to get the ball in the goal)

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.