News:

Thanks to everyone for the feedback on what errors you encountered from the forum database changes made in Fall 2023. Let us know if you discover anymore.

Main Menu

Hello from Michigan!

Started by 23skidoo, March 01, 2016, 01:21:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

23skidoo

This is my first post on the aaroads forum. I'm from the great state of Michigan. I've been an occasional visitor on this forum since 2010 or so. I'm interested in fantasy freeways, particularly in the Metro Detroit area. I've got a few ideas I'd like to share, so I decided to join so I could post them. I am also a fan of traffic lights, especially vintage ones.

See you on the boards!

freebrickproductions

Welcome from Huntsville, AL! Glad to see another signal enthusiast here!
It's all fun & games until someone summons Cthulhu and brings about the end of the world.

I also collect traffic lights, road signs, fans, and railroad crossing equipment.

(They/Them)

Alex

hotdogPi

Welcome from Massachusetts!
Clinched, minus I-93 (I'm missing a few miles and my file is incorrect)

Traveled, plus US 13, 44, and 50, and several state routes

I will be in Burlington VT for the eclipse.

SignGeek101

Welcome from sunny, but cold Winnipeg, a city of nearly the same population of Detroit, but only includes fantasy freeways, and a partly dysfunctional ring road on its road network.

paulthemapguy

Welcome from greater Chicagoland!  I love your name!!
Avatar is the last interesting highway I clinched.
My website! http://www.paulacrossamerica.com Now featuring all of Ohio!
My USA Shield Gallery https://flic.kr/s/aHsmHwJRZk
TM Clinches https://bit.ly/2UwRs4O

National collection status: 361/425. Only 64 route markers remain

GaryV

Quote from: 23skidoo on March 01, 2016, 01:21:55 PM
I'm interested in fantasy freeways, particularly in the Metro Detroit area.
Fantasies like I-94 not backing up through the interchanges?  Or the Rouge River Bridge having a solid deck surface?   :-|

Welcome.

23skidoo

Quote from: GaryV on March 01, 2016, 07:29:25 PM
Quote from: 23skidoo on March 01, 2016, 01:21:55 PM
I'm interested in fantasy freeways, particularly in the Metro Detroit area.
Fantasies like I-94 not backing up through the interchanges?  Or the Rouge River Bridge having a solid deck surface?   :-|

Welcome.

Or roads without potholes!  :)

Seriously, though, I'm interested in the never-built freeways in the Detroit area. I know they'll never happen but it's fun to speculate.

wolfiefrick

Nice username! Welcome to the AARoads forums from cold and dry St. Louis!

DanTheMan414

Welcome to the Forum from a fellow Michigan roads enthusiast!

noelbotevera

Welcome from State College, Pennsylvania (for now)!

jbnati27

ModernDayWarrior

Welcome from southeast Missouri!

SPAdriver

From a former Detroit area resident...

The I-75 / I-375 interchange in downtown Detroit.  It seems that I-75 northbound and southbound motorists are forced to slow down too much when entering this interchange.  Backups are common here.  My fantasy: REMOVE I-375 (blasphemy for road fans!) and replace the interchange with a continuous I-75.

Alex

Quote from: SPAdriver on May 03, 2016, 09:16:48 AM
From a former Detroit area resident...

The I-75 / I-375 interchange in downtown Detroit.  It seems that I-75 northbound and southbound motorists are forced to slow down too much when entering this interchange.  Backups are common here.  My fantasy: REMOVE I-375 (blasphemy for road fans!) and replace the interchange with a continuous I-75.

There are studies to remove I-375 and replace it with an urban boulevard.

jbnati27

Welcome from suburban Cincinnati!

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.