News:

Thanks to everyone for the feedback on what errors you encountered from the forum database changes made in Fall 2023. Let us know if you discover anymore.

Main Menu

Why did I get banned 4 years ago?

Started by Katavia, April 14, 2016, 06:43:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Katavia

If anybody remembers this, I had made a AARoads account by the name of "NCFriend". Within the day that I made it, it was banned.
Anybody know why?
(Former) pizza delivery driver with a penchant for highways.
On nearly every other online platform I go by Kurzov - Katavia is a holdover from the past.

freebrickproductions

Maybe an mod or admin accidentally selected the wrong user when banning someone, and you just happened to be the unlucky user they ended up banning instead? Just a wild guess though.
It's all fun & games until someone summons Cthulhu and brings about the end of the world.

I also collect traffic lights, road signs, fans, and railroad crossing equipment.

(They/Them)

hbelkins

Another guess -- four years ago, you would have been 9. Maybe there's an age limit?

Government would be tolerable if not for politicians and bureaucrats.

noelbotevera

Quote from: hbelkins on April 14, 2016, 09:08:18 PM
Another guess -- four years ago, you would have been 9. Maybe there's an age limit?
Nah. My real age is 11, but I haven't been banned, only warned (something I'm trying to improve on). dzlsabe set his/her's age to 9, so I'm gonna bet it was either the V'Ger meltdown, or any account deleting that might have occurred before then.
Pleased to meet you
Hope you guessed my name

(Recently hacked. A human operates this account now!)

Pete from Boston

Why didn't you ask four years ago?

Katavia

Quote from: Pete from Boston on April 14, 2016, 09:21:03 PM
Why didn't you ask four years ago?
Because I wasn't unbanned until last November.
On nearly every other online platform I go by Kurzov - Katavia is a holdover from the past.

Sykotyk

What, you just kept trying to log in for four years and it finally worked?

Katavia

hotdogPi

Quote from: Katavia on April 17, 2016, 12:56:21 PM
Vger meltdown?  :confused:

V'ger is a banned user. However, he was banned more than 4 years ago.
Clinched

Traveled, plus
US 13, 44, 50
MA 22, 40, 107, 109, 117, 119, 126, 141, 159
NH 27, 111A(E); CA 133; NY 366; GA 42, 140; FL A1A, 7; CT 32; VT 2A, 5A; PA 3, 51, 60, QC 162, 165, 263; 🇬🇧A100, A3211, A3213, A3215, A4222; 🇫🇷95 D316

Katavia

I remember going onto the chat as the 2012 user and somebody told me something along the lines of COPPA or something like that... and then within the hour banned.

hbelkins

Quote from: Katavia on April 17, 2016, 01:18:14 PM
I remember going onto the chat as the 2012 user and somebody told me something along the lines of COPPA or something like that... and then within the hour banned.

COPPA? Well, then age must have been the reason. http://www.coppa.org/comply.htm

Government would be tolerable if not for politicians and bureaucrats.

Alps

When I was a moderator, we were much stricter about age limits. That has gotten more lax lately. I think at this point Mr. Vera has nothing to fear despite still being under 13.

US 41

In fact I think the mods have been a lot more lenient about everything, which I personally like. Almost everyone on this forum is pretty respectful and we have a lot of good and interesting discussions / debates. I remember when the "stay on topic" police were in full force. I'm glad those days are pretty much over. I'm also glad we can kind of vaguely talk about politics now in our discussions as long as we don't mention names or parties. Although I tend to disagree with most on here about politics (I am conservative, while most on here seem to be liberal), I still enjoy having some political debates on here. As long as you aren't flat out mean, disrespectful, or a troll, the forum doesn't seem as heavily moderated as it used to be.
Visited States and Provinces:
USA (48)= All of Lower 48
Canada (5)= NB, NS, ON, PEI, QC
Mexico (9)= BCN, BCS, CHIH, COAH, DGO, NL, SON, SIN, TAM

authenticroadgeek

Quote from: Alps on April 21, 2016, 07:15:17 PM
When I was a moderator, we were much stricter about age limits. That has gotten more lax lately. I think at this point Mr. Vera has nothing to fear despite still being under 13.
I joined when I was 11 and now I'm 12. STILL underage but I'm pretty much just a normal user.

kphoger

Keep right except to pass.  Yes.  You.
Visit scenic Orleans County, NY!
Male pronouns, please.

Quote from: Philip K. DickIf you can control the meaning of words, you can control the people who must use them.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.