News:

Thanks to everyone for the feedback on what errors you encountered from the forum database changes made in Fall 2023. Let us know if you discover anymore.

Main Menu

Gauging interest for a Baltimore and central Maryland Meet

Started by tckma, June 03, 2016, 02:50:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

74/171FAN

Quote from: Laura on June 17, 2016, 05:42:40 AM
Quote from: tckma on June 07, 2016, 11:57:55 AM
Quote from: Laura on June 04, 2016, 09:55:15 PM
Oh, and there's some old concrete US 140 bits in and outside Westminster, too, that you could include!!!
iPhone

There's a stub of West Main Street that ends at a guardrail at 140 just after WMC Drive.  I'd love to know the history of that.  Probably from when MD-32 went through downtown Westminster via Main Street.  Double yellow line to what is now a dead end, and the city regularly repaints it.  Curious.

I'm not really sure what kinds of things to include either; I imagine a lot of stuff in the area has already been done at your previous meets.  I keep asking myself "is the fact that what is basically a service road off MD-27 is fully signed as MD-852 interesting enough?  What about MD-800?"

Haha, I was just thinking about MD-852! That's such a strange oddity that is classic SHA right there. I mean, parts of that alignment look more like a driveway than an actual road at this point!

As for West Main Street, yep, old alignment, and the way they cut it off is so bizarre.

Should I just concede and say that I have no chance of ever clinching many MD state highways if there are tons of driveways?   :-D  (I am still disappointed that I did not clinch MD 3 Business back in January on the way back from VA when I thought I had.)
I am now a PennDOT employee.  My opinions/views do not necessarily reflect the opinions/views of PennDOT.

tckma

Quote from: vdeane on June 17, 2016, 09:29:28 PM
Do you mean MD 25?  I-83 doesn't have an interchange with MD 45 until near the Pennsylvania border.

Yes, I meant MD 25.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.