Daily Picture Challenge!

Started by empirestate, January 02, 2017, 01:18:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eth

Time to try my hand at creating one of these...

QuoteJune 23, 2017: Post a photo of non-standard political boundary signage. State welcome signs are excluded.

This wooden sign on eastbound US 23/29/78/278 can be found right at the city limits:

US71

QuoteJune 23, 2017: Post a photo of non-standard political boundary signage. State welcome signs are excluded.

Sebascott Ave Mansfield, AR
County Line between Sebastian & Scott Counties
Like Alice I Try To Believe Three Impossible Things Before Breakfast

JJBers

Connecticut is littered with these. The regular sign is behind this.

Town of Scotland
*for Connecticut
Clinched Stats,
Flickr,
(2di:I-24, I-76, I-80, I-84, I-95 [ME-GA], I-91)

hotdogPi

QuoteJune 24, 2017: Road photos that contain a cat (or multiple cats). This can be an actual cat, a sign with a cat picture, Decatur, Kitty Hawk, a CAT construction vehicle, something named after Garfield, a street named Lion St./Rd./Ln., a pet store, etc. But except for actual cats, do not use the same "gimmick" if it's already been used.
Clinched, minus I-93 (I'm missing a few miles and my file is incorrect)

Traveled, plus US 13, 44, and 50, and several state routes

I will be in Burlington VT for the eclipse.

dgolub

QuoteJune 24, 2017: Road photos that contain a cat (or multiple cats). This can be an actual cat, a sign with a cat picture, Decatur, Kitty Hawk, a CAT construction vehicle, something named after Garfield, a street named Lion St./Rd./Ln., a pet store, etc. But except for actual cats, do not use the same "gimmick" if it's already been used.

There's Cat Rock Road (NY 403) in Garrison, but most of the signage only shows the route number, not the street name.

US71

Springfield, MO

Hernando, MS

Eth

Well, I suppose since you mentioned it specifically, I may as well oblige...

csw

This is the best I can come up with...

Catlett St. in Hickman, KY

hbelkins

Government would be tolerable if not for politicians and bureaucrats.

US71

Seeing as no one else has responded, I guess it's up to me to keep things rolling
QuoteJune 25, 2017: Post a Palindrome

US 81/US 18 in South Dakota

7/8

SK 6 and TCH 16 in Dafoe, SK

Highway 7 and Wellington CR 27 in Rockwood, ON

Wellington CR 33 and Waterloo RR 33 on the east border of Cambridge, ON

bassoon1986

Near Coppell, TX

Near Jonesboro, LA

iPhone

jbnv

🆕 Louisiana Highways on Twitter | Yes, I like Clearview. Deal with it. | Redos: US | La. | Route Challenge

hbelkins

formulanone

hotdogPi

Clinched, minus I-93 (I'm missing a few miles and my file is incorrect)

Traveled, plus US 13, 44, and 50, and several state routes

I will be in Burlington VT for the eclipse.

formulanone

Quote from: 1 on June 25, 2017, 08:36:25 PM
Quote from: formulanone on June 25, 2017, 08:21:44 PM

Not quite.

231 and 132 and stop being utterly pedantic.

jbnv

I also caught this palindrome of a palindrome in Williston, FL:

FL 121 by Jay Bienvenu, on Flickr
🆕 Louisiana Highways on Twitter | Yes, I like Clearview. Deal with it. | Redos: US | La. | Route Challenge

US71

Quote from: formulanone on June 25, 2017, 09:11:28 PM

231 and 132 and stop being utterly pedantic.

I wondered as well, but chose not to say anything.

Mergingtraffic

OK one for June 26, 2017.  Signage that was originally put up for something "more grand" such as an expressway that was never completed.  This sign was for supposedly an average exit on a grander scale of an expressway but now it's the end of the stub.

Henderson Bridge, East Providence, RI. Proposed US-44 Expwy stub. There is no RI-152 at this location. by mergingtraffic, on Flickr

I'd also say this sign as I-95 was supposed to go thru Boston.  A ghost I-95 shield, sign dates to the 1970s.

I only take pics of good looking signs. Long live non-reflective button copy!
MergingTraffic https://www.flickr.com/photos/98731835@N05/

paulthemapguy

Quote from: Mergingtraffic on June 26, 2017, 12:01:12 AM
OK one for June 26, 2017.  Signage that was originally put up for something "more grand" such as an expressway that was never completed.  This sign was for supposedly an average exit on a grander scale of an expressway but now it's the end of the stub.

The current northern end of IL-6 is a trumpet interchange off to a feeder ramp to IL-29 north of Peoria.  This photo is taken facing westbound on the feeder ramp, approaching the trumpet.  You can see the closed WB-to-NB ramp would be in this photo, but this sign looks pretty lonely on the gantry since nothing to the north has opened up.

IL-006-NTS by Paul Drives, on Flickr

A piece of the north-south section of IL-137 follows a short expressway stub, originally planned to be a much longer, continuous expressway along the shore of Lake Michigan north of Chicago.

IL-137SRX by Paul Drives, on Flickr
Avatar is the last interesting highway I clinched.
My website! http://www.paulacrossamerica.com Now featuring all of Ohio!
My USA Shield Gallery https://flic.kr/s/aHsmHwJRZk
TM Clinches https://bit.ly/2UwRs4O

National collection status: 361/425. Only 64 route markers remain

US71

Maybe not quite the same context, but US 71 at I-49 in Missouri.

hbelkins

2011 Kentucky-444 by H.B. Elkins, on Flickr

This is the end of the current OH 7 bypass of Chesapeake. All traffic is routed onto a connector to the intersection of OH 7 and OH 527 at the foot of the bridge to downtown Huntington WV. This stub ending was the first stop on our 2013 Tri-State meet.

AsphaltPlanet

Autoroute 30 near Bécancour, QC

http://www.asphaltplanet.ca/PQ/A/30/A30_dv_209-5_west_Oct14_24x16.jpg

http://www.asphaltplanet.ca/PQ/A/30/A30_cl_208_west_Sep11_24x16.jpg
AsphaltPlanet.ca  Youtube -- Opinions expressed reflect the viewpoints of others.

dgolub

Northern terminus of the Seaford-Oyster Bay Expressway (NY 135):

This was supposed to extend further north to the unbuilt Oyster Bay Bridge across Long Island Sound to Rye in Westchester County.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.