News:

Thanks to everyone for the feedback on what errors you encountered from the forum database changes made in Fall 2023. Let us know if you discover anymore.

Main Menu

Route 66 Aerial Documentary

Started by Max Rockatansky, January 25, 2017, 10:49:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Max Rockatansky

This popped onto Roamin Rich's channel last night.  A little on the long side but worth a watch:

cjk374

I finally got to watch this. It was fun to watch (volume muted since it was all muzak & no commentary). It was fun to see the places that were used to create Radiator Springs for the movie Cars.

Did you recognize them?
Runnin' roads and polishin' rails.

Max Rockatansky

Quote from: cjk374 on February 04, 2017, 10:20:32 AM
I finally got to watch this. It was fun to watch (volume muted since it was all muzak & no commentary). It was fun to see the places that were used to create Radiator Springs for the movie Cars.

Did you recognize them?

That whole story that Lightning McQueen is told about Route 66 in the first Cars is almost a direct rip from the video the Arizona Route 66 Association shows at the Kingman Powerhouse Museum:

http://azrt66.com/

I always thought Radiator Springs mostly resembles the village of Hackberry and the General Store but it is really an amalgamation of a lot of roadside sights on Route 66 in general.  Its hard not to see Radiator Springs when looking Hackberry:

Incidentally the Route 66 sign seen in the movie is almost exactly the same as the one in the California Route 66 Museum in Victorville:

I used to have a travel territory that included the entire route from Santa Monica to Albuquerque so essentially I've pretty much been to everything out west that Roamin Rich has covered.  Really as corny as some of those touristy places get the entire path of US 66 is pretty much a treasure trove to a road geek, transportation fan, or even someone just interested in history.  I did pretty much everything from Ash Fork west to Barstow in my Challenger this past year, I posted the pictures on this thread on Page 4:

https://www.aaroads.com/forum/index.php?topic=18621.75

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.