News:

Thanks to everyone for the feedback on what errors you encountered from the forum database changes made in Fall 2023. Let us know if you discover anymore.

Main Menu

Family Dollar stores to close in Michigan

Started by bing101, April 05, 2017, 09:56:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bing101

bandit957

Might as well face it, pooing is cool

renegade

Don’t ask me how I know.  Just understand that I do.

GenExpwy

To go off on a complete tangent:

Why are people using the Hurricane message icon when starting new retailing threads these days? There's this one, Game Stop, and Circuit City; started by three different people.

Is there some sort of inside joke that I missed?

Scott5114

Been wondering that myself. Was thinking about editing them to change them, honestly.
uncontrollable freak sardine salad chef

LM117

Quote from: GenExpwy on April 06, 2017, 03:39:25 AM
To go off on a complete tangent:

Why are people using the Hurricane message icon when starting new retailing threads these days? There's this one, Game Stop, and Circuit City; started by three different people.

Is there some sort of inside joke that I missed?

Because they turned out to be natural disasters. :awesomeface:
“I don’t know whether to wind my ass or scratch my watch!” - Jim Cornette

hbelkins

Wasn't Family Dollar required to close a number of stores due to its being purchased by Dollar Tree?

Family Dollar seems to be expanding in this area, but not at the rate of Dollar General. There are new DGs being built all over the place.

Government would be tolerable if not for politicians and bureaucrats.

LM117

Quote from: hbelkins on April 06, 2017, 04:31:16 PM
Wasn't Family Dollar required to close a number of stores due to its being purchased by Dollar Tree?

That's the way I understood it as well. I know the manager at the Family Dollar near me that I talk to often isn't happy about the takeover at all. She's been bitching about how they cut her hours and pay, along with increasing the workload and shortening the time to have it done. From what I've gathered, she's not the only Family Dollar manager that isn't happy with Dollar Tree.

The "new" Family Dollar stores here have just been relocations. The first one on VA-41 (Franklin Turnpike) in the Mount Hermon area of Danville used to be in the Food Lion shopping center directly across the road where Goodwill is currently at.

The other relocation near me was in the Chatham area. The former location was along US-29 in the Chatham Centre strip mall, almost directly across from the Tightsqueeze Plaza shopping center. It has since moved to downtown Chatham on US-29 Business (Main Street). It's former space at Chatham Centre is still empty with "For Lease" signs plastered.
“I don’t know whether to wind my ass or scratch my watch!” - Jim Cornette

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.