News:

The AARoads Wiki is live! Come check it out!

Main Menu

I-80/215 sign replacement in Salt Lake City

Started by Kniwt, April 23, 2017, 08:42:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rover_0

I had the opportunity of making it up along the stretch of US-40/189 between I-80 and Heber City and can confirm that 189 is finally in the process of being signed! Like Roadguy2 said, however, most of the signs in Summit County erroneously sign it as SR-189. There's also a WB 40/NB 189 reassurance assembly (with "SR-189") after one of the exits (SR-248, I believe, but I was going EB/SB from I-80 towards Heber City). Photos will be posted soon (whether in this thread or in a different one).
Fixing erroneous shields, one at a time...

Rover_0

Here are the US-40/189 pictures that I've taken a look at. I'll post these and more from this trip in the "Adventures in Utah Signage" thread. I've uploaded these to Google Photos and am trying to iron out the kinks in the software, but I'm able to see these embedded. Let me know if anyone else is having issues with seeing this. But without further ado, here we go...

Still no mention of US-189 on the BGS's on EB I-80, but it may take time to get that replaced as these BGS's are only a couple years old:

(Not sure about WB I-80 but I'm doubtful as those are probably about the same age.)

And, as Roadguy2 has said before, it's a case of "Sign's there but it's the wrong kind." US-189 is signed on EB US-40/SB US-189 just off of I-80, but it's the pesky beehive:

There's a WB 40/ NB 189 assembly an exit or two (I think from SR-248?) with the same issue, but 189 is indeed signed and this seems to be strictly a Summit County/Region 2 issue. Baby steps, UDOT contractors, baby steps.

Further down 40/189, only 40 is signed, but that's probably because the 189 signs haven't gotten set up:

Once in Wasatch County, however, US-189 gets its correct shield:

(Apologies for the blurriness...not the easiest thing to do from a moving car.)

Also, US-189 is signed at the US-40/189/SR-32 junction, though the 189 shield is the one separated from the original assembly:

And the last EB 40/SB 189 assembly before entering Heber City proper, after the SR-32 junction:

Also, as Roadguy2 has said, there is no mention of 189 once in Heber City. We weren't able to see the 40/189 junction (more on that in the other thread when I get to it), but my guess is that UDOT is still working on it, as what US-40 shields that were in Heber City were obscured by trees. I think that UDOT is planning a BGS-style junction (or single-panel) assemblies at the 40/189 junction and what other assemblies lie in town (like the US-40/189/SR-113 junction a few blocks up the road), so I don't think they've even finished planning how to sign US-40/189 in Heber City.
Fixing erroneous shields, one at a time...

US 89

The first two pictures don't show up for me, but all the rest do. Thanks for posting pictures!

Also, I believe the BGSs for 40 on I-80 EB were replaced at the beginning of this summer.

US 89

I recently had the opportunity to drive the 40/189 concurrency and take some photos. The beehive 189's that Rover posted earlier have been replaced with proper US 189s. I posted the pictures in the "Adventures in Utah Signage" thread.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.