Apple TV screen savers (ft. Los Angeles, London, NYC and Dubai highways)

Started by SSOWorld, May 20, 2017, 02:06:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SSOWorld

http://benjaminmayo.co.uk/watch-all-the-apple-tv-aerial-video-screensavers#9CCB8297-E9F5-4699-AE1F-890CFBD5E29C

This is an "unofficial" set of videos that feature as screen savers on the 4th Generation Apple TV.  They're basically slow-motion hover shots (by either helicopter or drone) of selected areas that make perfect stunning views. 

Dubai day 2 and 4 and both night videos
LA 1 is the "Judge Harry Pregerson" Interchange from overhead. The other LA videos don't focus on roads (oddly), but LAX is in one of them.
All of the London videos feature central streets between the "City" and Westminster - including shots of the houses of Parliament, the Eye, Tower Bridge, and the Shard. (They all basically follow the Thames)
The NYC ones are a mix.  Two videos (1 day, 1 night) fly up the harbor to Lower Manhattan and towards the ESB/Flatiron District, 1 night video (1 or 3) is an overhead pan of Times Square, another follows Central Park.
The SF daytimes feature the Golden Gate Bridge prominently but there is one moving toward the Ferry Building and down Market. The night videos focus on the Bay Bridge (West span) and cross shots of downtown with Twin Peaks in the background, also one starting at Fisherman's Wharf and following to the right of The Embarcadero.

The rest are either desolate landscape (Hawaii, Greenland, Liwa, China), or landmarks (Great Wall of China and Hong Kong (no roads visible here))

Enjoy and discuss
Scott O.

Not all who wander are lost...
Ah, the open skies, wind at my back, warm sun on my... wait, where the hell am I?!
As a matter of fact, I do own the road.
Raise your what?

Wisconsin - out-multiplexing your state since 1918.

epzik8

From the land of red, white, yellow and black.

My clinched highways: http://tm.teresco.org/user/?u=epzik8
My clinched counties: http://mob-rule.com/user-gifs/USA/epzik8.gif

english si

Quote from: SSOWorld on May 20, 2017, 02:06:53 PMAll of the London videos feature central streets between the "City" and Westminster - including shots of the houses of Parliament, the Eye, Tower Bridge, and the Shard.
You mean "The City and Westminster". The City is the area that had the Roman Walls. And is the area with city status (that isn't the City of Westminster). That said, you list things in the other order and don't mention anything in the City.
Quote(They all basically follow the Thames)
Not really - they more take a straight line, other than Night 2 and 3.
London Day 1 - daytime overhead view from Buckingham Palace to St Katherine Dock
London Night 1 - early dusk horizontal aerial view from St Katherine Dock to Whitehall (slightly to the south of Day 1)
London Day 2 - daytime horizontal aerial view from St Katherine Dock to Charing Cross
London Night 2 - late dusk horizontal aerial view from Tower Bridge to Parliament - this one zigzags over the Thames rather than takes a mostly straight line.
London Night 3 - identical to Night 2 (at least in path)

SSOWorld

Quote from: english si on May 21, 2017, 04:03:06 AM
Quote from: SSOWorld on May 20, 2017, 02:06:53 PMAll of the London videos feature central streets between the "City" and Westminster - including shots of the houses of Parliament, the Eye, Tower Bridge, and the Shard.
You mean "The City and Westminster". The City is the area that had the Roman Walls. And is the area with city status (that isn't the City of Westminster). That said, you list things in the other order and don't mention anything in the City.
Yeah - I was trying to say that the flyover started near the City of London, but that isn't exactly accurate either.  Thanks for correcting. :)
Quote from: english si on May 21, 2017, 04:03:06 AM
Quote(They all basically follow the Thames)
Not really - they more take a straight line, other than Night 2 and 3.
London Day 1 - daytime overhead view from Buckingham Palace to St Katherine Dock
London Night 1 - early dusk horizontal aerial view from St Katherine Dock to Whitehall (slightly to the south of Day 1)
London Day 2 - daytime horizontal aerial view from St Katherine Dock to Charing Cross
London Night 2 - late dusk horizontal aerial view from Tower Bridge to Parliament - this one zigzags over the Thames rather than takes a mostly straight line.
London Night 3 - identical to Night 2 (at least in path)
I think Night 3 was a accidental duplicate of 2.  Also I was too lazy to detail, thanks for the help. 8)
Scott O.

Not all who wander are lost...
Ah, the open skies, wind at my back, warm sun on my... wait, where the hell am I?!
As a matter of fact, I do own the road.
Raise your what?

Wisconsin - out-multiplexing your state since 1918.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.