Decommissioned US Routes/State highways(your state) you wish we're brought back?

Started by ColossalBlocks, July 08, 2017, 03:44:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TravelingBethelite

Re-route U.S. 202 from I-84 in the Danbury area to CT 302 through Bethel and Newtown, its first routing. (Perhaps just for my own self-interest heheh.  :sombrero:)
"Imprisoned by the freedom of the road!" - Ronnie Milsap
See my photos at: http://bit.ly/1Qi81ws

Now I decide where I go...

2018 Ford Fusion SE - proud new owner!

KEVIN_224

This one's minor, but I nominate CT Route 71A in central Connecticut. After it splits off from it's parent in Berlin, it forms most of the Chamberlain Highway. Soon after it enters New Britain, the designation suddenly stops at Buell Street. Most, if not all, of Arch Street north of it used to be part of the road. What they should do is bring that back, then extend it one long block east on Chestnut Street (downtown, past our police station). Doing so would have it meet its parent at the southern landing of the Harry Truman Overpass.

pianocello

Quote from: DandyDan on July 30, 2017, 05:27:57 AM
I am sure someone will probably say all the highways decommissioned in 2003.

Meh, I agree that most of those were unimportant to keep as state highways. However, I wish Iowa DOT would resurrect those that continue to be signed in street blade only. 927 (old US 6 between Davenport and Wilton) and the remainder of 965 (old US 218 between Iowa City and Cedar Rapids) come to mind immediately.
Davenport, IA -> Valparaiso, IN -> Ames, IA -> Orlando, FL -> Gainesville, FL -> Evansville, IN

MNHighwayMan

Quote from: DandyDan on July 30, 2017, 05:27:57 AM
Iowa 122 gets reextended to US 18 east of Rudd, just so it doesn't end at the random spot the city limits of Mason City end.  Another one is Iowa 106, because everyone at work calls it old 106.  Another one is Iowa 105, because it would eliminate the one nonconforming county road in Iowa.

I am sure someone will probably say all the highways decommissioned in 2003.

I would just because it'd be cool and give me something more to visit, photograph, and explore.

Same goes for all the weird 288-303 series Minnesota routes that have been eliminated. (Or at least perhaps one in particular ;-))

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.