News:

Thank you for your patience during the Forum downtime while we upgraded the software. Welcome back and see this thread for some new features and other changes to the forum.

Main Menu

Favorite number one song billboard 1990- 2016

Started by Roadgeekteen, July 17, 2017, 09:06:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Favorite?

Hold on
0 (0%)
Everything i do I do it for you
1 (12.5%)
End of the road
0 (0%)
I will always love you
0 (0%)
The sign
1 (12.5%)
Gangstas paradise
2 (25%)
Macarana
0 (0%)
Candle in the wind
0 (0%)
To close
0 (0%)
Belive
0 (0%)
Breath
0 (0%)
Hanging by a monment
0 (0%)
This is how you remind me
1 (12.5%)
In da club
0 (0%)
Yeah
0 (0%)
We belong together
0 (0%)
Bad day
0 (0%)
Irreplacible
0 (0%)
Low
0 (0%)
Boom boom pow
0 (0%)
Tik tock
0 (0%)
Rolling in the deep
0 (0%)
Somebody that i used to know.
0 (0%)
Thrift shop
1 (12.5%)
Happy
1 (12.5%)
Uptown funk
1 (12.5%)
Love yourself
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 8

Roadgeekteen

God-emperor of Alanland, king of all the goats and goat-like creatures

Current Interstate map I am making:

https://www.google.com/maps/d/u/0/edit?hl=en&mid=1PEDVyNb1skhnkPkgXi8JMaaudM2zI-Y&ll=29.05778059819179%2C-82.48856825&z=5

Rushmeister

Hmm.  Guess I don't know any of those songs. 

Is it because I'm old?  Or is it because I only listen to good music?  Whatever.  Don't answer that.
...and then the psychiatrist chuckled.

english si

I only know the songs from '91, '93, '95, '96, '97, '03 and '14 (I'm sure I'd recognise more if I heard them, but no I don't particularly want to). However, few music nerds would be fans of them and some are intolerable.

Umming and ahhing between Coolio and Los Del Rio as the only tolerable songs that aren't ones I'm still sick of 20+ years later due to overplay. The Macarena has memories, and I learnt to enjoy a song I didn't particularly like and felt peer pressure about initially. But I always liked the Coolio song, plus it doesn't trigger in me unconscious dancing whenever I hear it, so Gangster's Paradise wins by a nose.

Easily the worst is Elton John. There's a whole heap of other negative stuff relating to that week in early September 20 years ago that I dump on it (all TV being the news, everyone's personalities changing, the archetypal Tony Blair sliminess), but even the song itself I was sick of as soon as the second time started playing, and I couldn't escape it for a month - it literally was everywhere. There might be some later songs that are worse, but I was able to avoid them and therefore they don't trigger me as Candle in the Wind does.

Edit: the UK list for the 90s is more familiar to me (I also now know the '98 US one having seen the artist). Unchained Melody is a tune and deserves to be the best-selling song in the UK for 1990 and 1995 (the 1995 one has Bronn from Game of Thrones singing it and sadly brought Simon Cowell into prominence as a music promoter), though is very much more fitting in 1955 when it was written. Killing Me Softly would be my winner out of both sets.

The 00s is full of charity/comedy singles and reality winners and 2013's best seller is the repulsive Blurred Lines (which would be my both-lists loser because there's a difference between overplayed schlock triggering bad memories and Robin Thicke) - we Brits have no taste either!

inkyatari

I don't know any of those.

The only bands in the last 20 years that I really like are Gorillaz, Linkin Park, and Panic! At The Disco
I'm never wrong, just wildly inaccurate.

JJBers

I'm more of a classic rock fan, but I know some major hits from the last decade.
*for Connecticut
Clinched Stats,
Flickr,
(2di:I-24, I-76, I-80, I-84, I-95 [ME-GA], I-91)

english si

Who voted for Nickleback? You'll never make it as a wise man.

And I know that it's not like you to say sorry. I was waiting on a different story - this time I'm mistaken and someone's voted for a song worth hating. And you are wrong. I've been down into the bottom of every bottle. These five words in my head scream "This song is so bad".

jp the roadgeek

Wouldn't pick any of these as a Billboard #1 (I'll take 1968's Hey Jude).  But if I had the proverbial gun to my head, I'd probably take Everything I do I do it for You.
Interstates I've clinched: 97, 290 (MA), 291 (CT), 291 (MA), 293, 295 (DE-NJ-PA), 295 (RI-MA), 384, 391, 395 (CT-MA), 395 (MD), 495 (DE), 610 (LA), 684, 691, 695 (MD), 695 (NY), 795 (MD)

Darkchylde

None of them, because pop music is trash.

inkyatari

I'm never wrong, just wildly inaccurate.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.