News:

Thanks to everyone for the feedback on what errors you encountered from the forum database changes made in Fall 2023. Let us know if you discover anymore.

Main Menu

Sports fans. What're your teams?

Started by OCGuy81, September 29, 2011, 10:38:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

huskeroadgeek

Quote from: triplemultiplex on October 04, 2011, 04:18:05 PM

Badgers demolish the Cornhuskers (welcome to the Big 10)
Thanks(not for the game, but for the welcome).

Hot Rod Hootenanny

Quote from: huskeroadgeek on October 07, 2011, 08:56:44 PM

You get to return the favor tomorrow night.
Please, don't sue Alex & Andy over what I wrote above

bugo

Quote from: Brandon on October 07, 2011, 07:00:04 AM
Quote from: OCGuy81 on October 06, 2011, 11:08:16 PM
QuoteThere is one major thing that is wrong with the Big 12: The University of Texas.  The Big 12 doesn't have equal revenue sharing like the SEC has, so UT gets a lot more money than the other teams.  This is why A&M bolted to the SEC: They wanted the equal revenue sharing and they wanted to make a statement to UT that Aggy doesn't need UT to survive.  They're nobody's kid brother team anymore, they're THE premier sports university in Texas. 

Sounds like Texas is trying to fill the void left by A&M departing.  ESPN had a report today that TCU was in talks to join the Big 12, despite an unofficial agreement to join the Big East.  Frankly, Big 12 would make more sense givent their location.

The irony here is that the Big 12 took Baylor over TCU, and TCU, IIRC, is still pissed about that.  They bring in Houston, Rice, and SMU, and it's the old SWC all over again.

The Big 12 invited Arkansas to join a few months ago (they said HELL no) speaking of SWC teams.

huskeroadgeek

Quote from: bugo on October 07, 2011, 10:34:44 PM
Quote from: Brandon on October 07, 2011, 07:00:04 AM
Quote from: OCGuy81 on October 06, 2011, 11:08:16 PM
QuoteThere is one major thing that is wrong with the Big 12: The University of Texas.  The Big 12 doesn't have equal revenue sharing like the SEC has, so UT gets a lot more money than the other teams.  This is why A&M bolted to the SEC: They wanted the equal revenue sharing and they wanted to make a statement to UT that Aggy doesn't need UT to survive.  They're nobody's kid brother team anymore, they're THE premier sports university in Texas. 

Sounds like Texas is trying to fill the void left by A&M departing.  ESPN had a report today that TCU was in talks to join the Big 12, despite an unofficial agreement to join the Big East.  Frankly, Big 12 would make more sense givent their location.

The irony here is that the Big 12 took Baylor over TCU, and TCU, IIRC, is still pissed about that.  They bring in Houston, Rice, and SMU, and it's the old SWC all over again.

The Big 12 invited Arkansas to join a few months ago (they said HELL no) speaking of SWC teams.
I used to live in Arkansas, and for a long time I've been telling anybody who listened that Arkansas loved being in the SEC and had no interest whatsoever in the Big 12. Yet for some reason, a lot of people still thought they might go if asked. Why people thought Arkansas would join a conference full of ex SWC teams that they were trying to get away from when they joined the SEC makes no sense to me.

huskeroadgeek

Quote from: Hot Rod Hootenanny on October 07, 2011, 09:19:17 PM
Quote from: huskeroadgeek on October 07, 2011, 08:56:44 PM

You get to return the favor tomorrow night.
I hope so. There's not a huge amount of confidence among our fans right now-the negativity this whole week about last week's game has been ridiculous. I think we'll win, but I'm always one of the more optimistic ones around.

formulanone

They need to rename the Big 10 and Big 12, although there's so many changes occurring that I suppose the dust needs to settle from this musical chairs game before doing so.

BigMattFromTexas

Sorry, but Husker fans are terrible.. They don't show enough support.. I'm gonna miss beating Nebraska.... :(
BigMatt

huskeroadgeek

Quote from: BigMattFromTexas on October 08, 2011, 04:34:55 PM
Sorry, but Husker fans are terrible.. They don't show enough support.. I'm gonna miss beating Nebraska.... :(
BigMatt
Huh? 315 straight sellouts and we don't show enough support? Um, sorry-showing enough support has never been a problem for us.

Brandon

BigMatt

Do the letters FO mean anything to you?

I'm glad to have Nebraska in the Big Ten (a far better conference than the Big 12) and I hope they beat the shit out of OSU tonight.

BTW, congrats on the Oklahoma win.  :-D
"If you think this has a happy ending, you haven't been paying attention." - Ramsay Bolton

"Symbolic of his struggle against reality." - Reg

huskeroadgeek

Quote from: Brandon on October 08, 2011, 07:45:42 PM
BigMatt

I'm glad to have Nebraska in the Big Ten (a far better conference than the Big 12) and I hope they beat the shit out of OSU tonight.

Thanks-sorry, we can't give you a better team though.

huskeroadgeek

OK, maybe we aren't as bad as I thought.  :)

jgb191

LOL @ all the UT fans, their team getting CRUSHED by their Red River rivals from OK.  Good stuff right there.   :clap:
We're so far south that we're not even considered "The South"

Desert Man

The MLB (Major League Baseball) 2011 season enters the playoffs, and the first round is historic...one for the baseball record books to generated some memorable moments. The L.A. Angels of Anaheim has their 10th straight winning season over 81 wins, yet came to an abrupt end at 86, only ten games unable to have a post-season...I'm really disappointed of them.

The Yankees and now the Phillies (image of Ryan Howard injured on his way on the final out of game 5) eliminated, so it's up to the Tigers and Brewers each advanced to their league championships. The Rangers repeated like I seen it comin' and the "Wild Cards", er Cardinals made it...the 3rd MLB post-season 1-0 score game in the game's history, thanks to the Cardinals' key pitchers: Chris Carpenter and Roy Holliday. My wife is rooting for the Cardinals this year, due to her hometown was St. Charles facing St. Louis (she loved the Giants last year, another place she lived at was San Mateo in the SF bay area).

The Rangers like the Cardinals have many fans in Oklahoma, while the Brewers face the Cards again, this time the same league. The 1982 Cardinals faced the Brewers when in the AL and in 2006 the Cardinals defeated the Detroit Tigers like in the late 1960's, but the Missouri "I-70" world series is a distant memory cherished by Kansas City Royals fans when their team had their only championship victory way back in 1985.

Renewed predictions: Texas triumphs over Tigers and the Cards corks the Brewers, expect the "I-44" world series in 2011. Interestingly, US route 66 starts in Chicago where the Cubs fanfare remains distraught to see regional rivals and the White Sox had better luck in the postseason. US route 66 crosses North Texas, Oklahoma, New Mexico, Arizona and into Southern California.
Get your kicks...on Route 99! Like to turn 66 upside down. The other historic Main street of America.

Takumi

MLB: Orioles *sigh*
NFL: Ravens (a friend of mine and I combined our Baltimore rooting interests a few twars ago, before that I didn't really follow the NFL)
NASCAR: Tony Stewart
F1: McLaren
Don't really care about others.
Quote from: Rothman on July 15, 2021, 07:52:59 AM
Olive Garden must be stopped.  I must stop them.

Don't @ me. Seriously.

Roadmaestro95

MLB: Mets...:ded:
NFL: Giants (die hard CRUUUUUZ)
NHL: Rangers

And the others...ehh...
Hope everyone is safe!

goobnav

Quote from: Takumi on October 23, 2011, 03:51:29 PM
MLB: Orioles *sigh*
NFL: Ravens (a friend of mine and I combined our Baltimore rooting interests a few twars ago, before that I didn't really follow the NFL)
NASCAR: Tony Stewart
F1: McLaren
Don't really care about others.

MLB:  Amen on the O's
NFL:  Sorry but, PA native that is Black & Gold, Here we go Steelers!!!
NHL:  Flyers first!  Hurricanes second!
NBA:  Don't really follow here on Tobacco Road, anybody but the Lakers!!
College:  NC State grad, Wolfpack football and Basketball but, still PA native for PSU football   what a sad way for Joe to go.
Life is a highway and I drive it all night long!

texaskdog

Quote from: Brandon on October 08, 2011, 07:45:42 PM
BigMatt

Big 12 was better than Big 10 this past year

Dougtone

NHL: New York Islanders
MLB: New York Mets (also pull for the Seattle Mariners for an AL team)
NFL: Buffalo Bills (also pull for the Seattle Seahawks for a NFC team)
NBA: Don't really follow it
College: Syracuse, UConn, Oregon State, SUNY Oswego (my alma mater)

PAHighways

Quote from: goobnav on February 10, 2012, 09:59:57 AMNFL:  Sorry but, PA native that is Black & Gold, Here we go Steelers!!!

You don't need to apologize.

Quote from: goobnav on February 10, 2012, 09:59:57 AMNHL:  Flyers first!

You need to save it for that!  :)

Henry

As you know, I'm all about Chicago sports.

Cubs, Bears, Bulls, Blackhawks, enough said!  :)

...and UCLA too. Go Bruins!
Go Cubs Go! Go Cubs Go! Hey Chicago, what do you say? The Cubs are gonna win today!

texaskdog

I used to like the Cubs til I saw the documentary a few months ago about what those a-hole fans did to Steve Bartman.

HighwayMaster

By now, you know who my NHL team is. We'll be in the playoffs next season. Carry the flag and let's go Jackets!

My other teams:
MLB: Tribe
NBA: Cavs
NFL: I don't have a favorite team (and no, it's not the Browns), but I still follow it.
Life is too short not to have Tim Hortons donuts.

DaBigE

Mine should come as no surprise...

MLB:  Brewers, through all the ups and way too many downs
NBA:  Don't follow...all overpaid...give me college BBall any day
NHL:  Don't follow
NFL:  Packers...another proud, partial "owner"  :)
College:  Wisconsin, my alma matter (bring back baseball!!), but I will support any Wisconsin college team* unless we're playing them

* Except for Marquette.  They lost me permanently when they changed to the "Golden Eagles"
"We gotta find this road, it's like Bob's road!" - Rabbit, Twister

the49erfan15

NFL: (should be obvious) 49ers
MLB: Braves
NBA: Bobcats (:no:)
NHL: Hurricanes
NCAA: Winthrop, UNC-Greensboro for all sports except football (neither has it). For football, I'm a casual Florida State fan.
Driven: AK-1, AK-2, AK-3, 5, 10, 12, 15, 16, 20, 22, 24, 25, 26, 29, 39, 40, 57, 59, 64, 65, 69, 70, 71, 73, 74, 75, 77, 81, 85, 90, 94, 95
Clinched: 16, 85

DBrim

Really the only sport I follow seriously is baseball, where I root for the Dodgers (I'm from LA).  Easy to say now, I suppose, but I've been rooting for them religiously since I was 6 or so.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.