News:

Thank you for your patience during the Forum downtime while we upgraded the software. Welcome back and see this thread for some new features and other changes to the forum.

Main Menu

Football (North America: NFL, CFL, Arena Football, minor leagues)

Started by Stephane Dumas, July 29, 2012, 11:20:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DeaconG

They did sign him for a one-year tender.

The first game of the season they play the Bucs AT Ray Jay.

This is not going to end well.
Dawnstar: "You're an ape! And you can talk!"
King Solovar: "And you're a human with wings! Reality holds surprises for everyone!"
-Crisis On Infinite Earths #2

Roadgeekteen

Quote from: DeaconG on August 06, 2017, 04:22:43 PM

He did have his best season under gase, the dolphins head coach.
God-emperor of Alanland, king of all the goats and goat-like creatures

Current Interstate map I am making:

https://www.google.com/maps/d/u/0/edit?hl=en&mid=1PEDVyNb1skhnkPkgXi8JMaaudM2zI-Y&ll=29.05778059819179%2C-82.48856825&z=5

SFalcon71

Quote from: DeaconG on August 06, 2017, 04:22:43 PM

As a Bears fan, I agree with this statement completely.

Roadgeekteen

Bills sign vetran wide reciver anquan boldin, jets wr quincy ewmra gets sent to ir.

https://www.google.com/maps/d/u/0/edit?hl=en&mid=1PEDVyNb1skhnkPkgXi8JMaaudM2zI-Y&ll=29.05778059819179%2C-82.48856825&z=5

DeaconG

Quote from: Roadgeekteen on August 07, 2017, 03:39:00 PM
Bills sign vetran wide reciver anquan boldin, jets wr quincy ewmra gets sent to ir.

You're going to see a lot of this as training camp and the preseason shakes out. A lot of FA's are going to get bounced around trying to find a place to play. With the NFL's move to eliminate the 75-man cutdown, this preseason is going to be very interesting.
King Solovar: "And you're a human with wings! Reality holds surprises for everyone!"

Roadgeekteen

The Falcons signed kelvin taylor, former jags and pats rb fred taylors son. Patriots become first team to use private planes.

DeaconG

Well, Tampa Bay's national nightmare is over. Roberto Aguayo was waived by the Bucs and picked up by the Bears. And so goes the end of Jason Licht's second round kicker draft nightmare.
I wish the kid luck, perhaps the change of scenery will change up his operator headspace and improve his kicking.

ET21

Quote from: DeaconG on August 14, 2017, 03:06:00 PM
Well, Tampa Bay's national nightmare is over. Roberto Aguayo was waived by the Bucs and picked up by the Bears. And so goes the end of Jason Licht's second round kicker draft nightmare.
I wish the kid luck, perhaps the change of scenery will change up his operator headspace and improve his kicking.

Of course the Bears get him. Chicago is where washed up players go to play, cause we don't wanna win anytime soon :hmmm: :banghead:
The local weatherman, trust me I can be 99.9% right!
"Show where you're going, without forgetting where you're from"

Clinched:
IL: I-88, I-180, I-190, I-290, I-294, I-355, IL-390
IN: I-80, I-94
SD: I-190
WI: I-90, I-94
MI: I-94, I-196
MN: I-90

DeaconG

Quote from: ET21 on August 16, 2017, 10:48:21 AM

Of course the Bears get him. Chicago is where washed up players go to play, cause we don't wanna win anytime soon :hmmm: :banghead:

And you got Mike Glennon too...God I feel for y'all!  :-/ :ded:

Henry

Quote from: DeaconG on August 16, 2017, 12:39:20 PM
Quote from: ET21 on August 16, 2017, 10:48:21 AM

And you got Mike Glennon too...God I feel for y'all!  :-/ :ded:
I have the bad feeling that it'll be another 108 years before da Bears win the next championship, like da Cubs did. Somehow that billy goat curse has become full-grown now that the Cubbies are free of it, so it still lives on.
Go Cubs Go! Go Cubs Go! Hey Chicago, what do you say? The Cubs are gonna win today!

bing101

bing101

Roadgeekteen

triplemultiplex

"That's just like... your opinion, man."

jp the roadgeek

And that is why I waited until after preseason week 3 to hold my fantasy draft.  No regulars play Week 4 other than kickers, so you're pretty much safe from drafting someone who's on IR for the season.
Interstates I've clinched: 97, 290 (MA), 291 (CT), 291 (MA), 293, 295 (DE-NJ-PA), 295 (RI-MA), 384, 391, 395 (CT-MA), 395 (MD), 495 (DE), 610 (LA), 684, 691, 695 (MD), 695 (NY), 795 (MD)

tchafe1978

You're best off waiting until all the preseason games are over to do a fantasy draft. That way, any preseason injuries have already occurred, and any roster cuts as well. One of my leagues drafted about 2 weeks ago and we've already had a few players get injured and out for the season, so there's been a rash of transactions taking place. My other league however doesn't draft until Monday night, so we'll have seen all that stuff taken place already and can draft accordingly, and still have a few days to make any necessary adjustments, etc.

DeaconG

Looks like Hurricane Irma is going to make a hash of the Week 1 game between the Bucs and the Dolphins. The options are playing the game either Thursday or Friday night, moving the game or declaring it a bye week (which would be the worst outcome as it would force the Bucs and Dolphins to play 16 games straight).

http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/sns-bc-fbn--irma-bucs-dolphins-20170904-story.html
https://www.bucsnation.com/2017/9/4/16253040/buccaneers-dolphins-could-be-moved-as-hurricane-irma-strengthens

triplemultiplex

Quote from: jp the roadgeek on August 30, 2017, 12:37:17 AM
And that is why I waited until after preseason week 3 to hold my fantasy draft.  No regulars play Week 4 other than kickers, so you're pretty much safe from drafting someone who's on IR for the season.
Quote from: tchafe1978 on September 01, 2017, 03:56:20 PM
You're best off waiting until all the preseason games are over to do a fantasy draft. That way, any preseason injuries have already occurred, and any roster cuts as well. One of my leagues drafted about 2 weeks ago and we've already had a few players get injured and out for the season, so there's been a rash of transactions taking place.

The price we pay for wanting to get together with as many people in the league as possible while we do our draft.  Sometimes you gotta work around real world schedules if you want your draft to be a bit of a party.  Oh well, no regerts. ;)
"That's just like... your opinion, man."

bing101

apeman33

Quote from: DeaconG on September 05, 2017, 04:12:54 PM
Looks like Hurricane Irma is going to make a hash of the Week 1 game between the Bucs and the Dolphins. The options are playing the game either Thursday or Friday night, moving the game or declaring it a bye week (which would be the worst outcome as it would force the Bucs and Dolphins to play 16 games straight).

http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/sns-bc-fbn--irma-bucs-dolphins-20170904-story.html
https://www.bucsnation.com/2017/9/4/16253040/buccaneers-dolphins-could-be-moved-as-hurricane-irma-strengthens

The last time a Week One game was postponed to later in the season was 1992, when Hurricane Andrew forced the opening-day game between the Patriots and Dolphins to be rescheduled to October 18, when both teams originally had a bye week. I don't know why they just didn't swap home games since it's a division rivalry.

They've done the Friday night option before. In 2005, a Chiefs game at Miami was moved to Friday night. Ticked off most of the people around here either because that meant it was scheduled as the same time as the high school's home game (people here love their Tigers) or that it couldn't be shown on TV here because the NFL has some sort of deal prohibiting Friday games on TV. It was allowed to be broadcast in primary and secondary markets only (which meant you could watch it in Topeka). I think even Sunday Ticket was prohibited from showing it until its scheduled Sunday time.

In 2004, the Tennessee-Miami game scheduled for opening day was moved back one day to Saturday.

Henry

This has certainly been a busy year for relocating/cancelling games. On the baseball side, the Rangers-Astros series was moved to St. Petersburg due to Harvey, and now the Yankees-Rays series will be played at Citi Field in Queens due to Irma.

At least the Jaguars and Texans got one in yesterday.
Go Cubs Go! Go Cubs Go! Hey Chicago, what do you say? The Cubs are gonna win today!

Roadgeekteen

David johnson could miss up to 12 games. Colts looked like shit.

Stephane Dumas

I spotted this vintage NFL clip using Johnny Pearson's music titled "Power Drive" also used in some 1967-70 Spider-man episodes. ;)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T9ek2IJX8SQ

Roadgeekteen

Cardinals resigned chris johnson because of David Johnson's injury.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.