News:

Thanks to everyone for the feedback on what errors you encountered from the forum database changes made in Fall 2023. Let us know if you discover anymore.

Main Menu

MO 13/I-44 DDI pictures; Springfield area notes

Started by Revive 755, October 26, 2009, 04:56:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Revive 755

Northbound MO 13 pictures:

Southbound MO 13 pictures
The below picture is maybe a mile before the interchange; the advanced speed limit reduction signs marking the end of the MO 13 expressway are in the distance.

The pedestrian walkway runs through the center of the interchange:

The rebuild of the US 60/US 65 interchange is proceeding.  Many of the piers for the flyovers are up (the uncooperative weather as indicated in the DDI pictures prevented taking photos of the construction.

Most major arterial-arterial intersections in Springfield are now photo enforced.

Scott5114

Good to hear about the 60/65 construction. I remember one of the only times I used that interchange while I was in Springfield, I happened to arrive around the same time as a train. Boy, that was a mess.

Shame to hear about the photo enforcement. When I lived there, only the Sunshine/Campbell and Campbell/Battlefield intersections were photo enforced.
uncontrollable freak sardine salad chef

shoptb1

So looking at the pictures on here and these pictures on Wikipedia...I'm guessing this operates like a dual-SPUI?  Maybe a 'dual-point urban interchange'?   I guess it would be easier to understand seeing it in person.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.