News:

Needing some php assistance with the script on the main AARoads site. Please contact Alex if you would like to help or provide advice!

Main Menu

Odd Duplex

Started by US71, September 20, 2010, 05:53:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

US71

Just got home from a trip to Springfield, MO. At Branson, I noticed an odd duplex: MO 165 and Taney County 165. Apperas to begin the the US 65/Bus 65/MO 165 interchange near Hollister. I didn't have an opportunity to see how far they traveled together.

Photos soon ;)
Like Alice I Try To Believe Three Impossible Things Before Breakfast

huskeroadgeek

Does Taney County 165 actually have a sign? I'm down there a lot and I don't think I've ever seen any other Taney County roads with actual signs other than the green road marker signs at intersections.

US71

Quote from: huskeroadgeek on September 20, 2010, 09:15:34 PM
Does Taney County 165 actually have a sign? I'm down there a lot and I don't think I've ever seen any other Taney County roads with actual signs other than the green road marker signs at intersections.

Yes, along MO 165. I didn't have a chance to follow it to where the roads split.

Scott5114

Odd. I didn't even know Taney County posted CRs. Maybe it's a new thing...?
uncontrollable freak sardine salad chef

US71

Quote from: Scott5114 on September 21, 2010, 04:04:26 AM
Odd. I didn't even know Taney County posted CRs. Maybe it's a new thing...?

I didn't see any others, so maybe it's a one-off type thing?

Alps

I wonder if it signifies that the road is county maintained for a stretch.  NY 55 does it with Sullivan CR 11-16 (in order).

pj3970

That's unusual for Taney County to sign roads with a county marker...I lived there for years and never seen that at all, although it would be nice if the county did that instead of placing the number on the green blade signs at the intersections

US71

Quote from: pj3970 on November 04, 2010, 06:24:53 PM
That's unusual for Taney County to sign roads with a county marker...I lived there for years and never seen that at all, although it would be nice if the county did that instead of placing the number on the green blade signs at the intersections

That's what Benton County, AR does: blade-type signage.

Washington County still uses county road signs at intersections with other state & county maintained roads, but no one uses the numbers anymore since Emergency 911 required everything to have a street name.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.