News:

Needing some php assistance with the script on the main AARoads site. Please contact Alex if you would like to help or provide advice!

Main Menu

Just an FYI

Started by Billy F 1988, June 07, 2015, 04:06:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Billy F 1988

It's going to get real hot in Western Montana this week with temperatures in the mid-80's. That means that I will be out early in the morning to water the lawn, my step-parents' gardens and greenhouse and my step-mother's flower beds so I will not be on here as often. I may peak in at some point just to see what's going on, but for the most part, I will be pretty busy this week. If you guys need anything from me, I'd suggest you send a PM and state the nature of the subject at hand so that I can respond as soon as possible when all this heating dissipates sometime at the end of this week.  That's where things are at present.

Stay cool, friends. Billy F out.
Finally upgraded to Expressway after, what, seven or so years on this forum? Took a dadgum while, but, I made it!

NE2

pre-1945 Florida route log

I accept and respect your identity as long as it's not dumb shit like "identifying as a vaccinated attack helicopter".

roadman65

He said this:

Quote from: Billy F 1988 on June 07, 2015, 04:06:49 PM
It's going to get real hot in Western Montana this week with temperatures in the mid-80's. That means that I will be out early in the morning to water the lawn, my step-parents' gardens and greenhouse and my step-mother's flower beds so I will not be on here as often. I may peak in at some point just to see what's going on, but for the most part, I will be pretty busy this week. If you guys need anything from me, I'd suggest you send a PM and state the nature of the subject at hand so that I can respond as soon as possible when all this heating dissipates sometime at the end of this week.  That's where things are at present.

Every day is a winding road, you just got to get used to it.

Sheryl Crowe

freebrickproductions

Mid-80s is hot?
Y'all wouldn't last a day down here in the summer! :-P
It's all fun & games until someone summons Cthulhu and brings about the end of the world.

I also collect traffic lights, road signs, fans, and railroad crossing equipment.

(They/Them)

SSOWorld

Mid 80s is cold...

in California and Arizona :sombrero: :awesomeface:
Scott O.

Not all who wander are lost...
Ah, the open skies, wind at my back, warm sun on my... wait, where the hell am I?!
As a matter of fact, I do own the road.
Raise your what?

Wisconsin - out-multiplexing your state since 1918.

Molandfreak

Quote from: Max Rockatansky on December 05, 2023, 08:24:57 PM
AASHTO attributes 28.5% of highway inventory shrink to bad road fan social media posts.

KEK Inc.

Cool.  I'm marking it on my calendar.
Take the road less traveled.

jeffandnicole

Found the name of that prostitute you were willing to pay top dollar for.

Edit: Oh, wait, you said send a PM. Everyone else, ignore this.

corco

Side note - something I love about living in Montana and why I am very happy to be out of Arizona is that Billy is hardly the only one freaking out about this heat wave. I've dealt with people whining about how hot it is (and have whined about how hot it is myself) for the last couple days. It was up to 90 today and basically everybody thought they were going to die.

One of the problems is that nobody here has air conditioning.

Alps

Quote from: roadman65 on June 08, 2015, 01:40:39 AM
He said this:

Quote from: Billy F 1988 on June 07, 2015, 04:06:49 PM

what

Halian

That's not hot at all.
HalDOT, featuring my Hoennverse and Safir Alliance worldbuilding projects

leroys73

In the Dallas area I do not believe we have hit 100 yet, unusual by this time of year.  I have never had to shovel heat though.   

I love Missoula in the summer, beautiful.  God bless you in the winter.  Your neighbors in Eastern MT can get hammered in the summer and winter plus wind. 
'73 Vette, '72 Monte Carlo, ;11 Green with Envy Challenger R/T,Ram, RoyalStarVenture S,USA Honda VTX1300R ridden 49states &11provinces,Driven cars in50 states+DC&21countries,OverseasBrats;IronButt:MileEatersilver,SS1000Gold,SS3000,3xSS2000,18xSS1000, 3TX1000,6BB1500,NPT,LakeSuperiorCircleTour

Billy F 1988

Finally upgraded to Expressway after, what, seven or so years on this forum? Took a dadgum while, but, I made it!

bugo

Anything over 80 is uncomfortable to me. I'm a huge guy, and I produce a lot of heat so I'm very cold natured. I'd rather it be 0 degrees than 100 degrees any day. And no, I don't live up north. Sometimes I wish I did.

Pete from Boston

We got a lot of rain yesterday, so I didn't feel the need to water today. So I'll be available to post pretty much whenever.

Scott5114

Quote from: bugo on June 16, 2015, 10:00:02 AM
Anything over 80 is uncomfortable to me. I'm a huge guy, and I produce a lot of heat so I'm very cold natured. I'd rather it be 0 degrees than 100 degrees any day. And no, I don't live up north. Sometimes I wish I did.

I have a friend who is originally from Tulsa and he feels the same way. I wonder if there's something about Tulsa's climate that causes that.
uncontrollable freak sardine salad chef

davewiecking

It's REALLY hot here in coastal DE, I just finished adding a second pump to the community's watering trailer, and felt that this info needed to be added in this fascinating thread...

Brandon

Quote from: corco on June 09, 2015, 10:47:05 PM
Side note - something I love about living in Montana and why I am very happy to be out of Arizona is that Billy is hardly the only one freaking out about this heat wave. I've dealt with people whining about how hot it is (and have whined about how hot it is myself) for the last couple days. It was up to 90 today and basically everybody thought they were going to die.

That does present an issue, as it does in the slightly more humid Upper Peninsula of Michigan (where AC is also uncommon outside of businesses and cars).

However, you guys would've loved the past week here in NE Illinois.  Mid-80s and humid; I'm talking dewpoints in the 70s.
"If you think this has a happy ending, you haven't been paying attention." - Ramsay Bolton, "Game of Thrones"

"Symbolic of his struggle against reality." - Reg, "Monty Python's Life of Brian"

Takumi

It's been in the mid to high 90s most of the past week or so here. I've seen 100° in a few places. I love it. My black Lab hasn't enjoyed it too much, but I've been keeping him in the house more, and when he is outside he usually stays in the shade somewhere.
Quote from: Rothman on July 15, 2021, 07:52:59 AM
Olive Garden must be stopped.  I must stop them.

Don't @ me. Seriously.

1995hoo

It was 95 here today but felt like 103.

A colleague went to CVS. She came back and said while she was there, a man came in, went to the deodorants, sprayed his pits, put the can back, and left.
"You know, you never have a guaranteed spot until you have a spot guaranteed."
—Olaf Kolzig, as quoted in the Washington Times on March 28, 2003,
commenting on the Capitals clinching a playoff spot.

"That sounded stupid, didn't it?"
—Kolzig, to the same reporter a few seconds later.

ET21

Quote from: Brandon on June 16, 2015, 04:50:21 PM
Quote from: corco on June 09, 2015, 10:47:05 PM

That does present an issue, as it does in the slightly more humid Upper Peninsula of Michigan (where AC is also uncommon outside of businesses and cars).

However, you guys would've loved the past week here in NE Illinois.  Mid-80s and humid; I'm talking dewpoints in the 70s.

What a classic stationary front/lake breeze setup we had too. 9 straight days of measurable precip totaling 5.39 inches (basically the entire month of June's rain with bonus).

Quote from: Carl Miller on June 14, 2015, 03:05:55 AM
That's not hot at all.

For many people it isn't. But for Western Montana, mid 80s in 10-15 degrees above average for June. So in their case, yes it is "Hot"
http://www.currentresults.com/Weather/Montana/temperature-june.php
The local weatherman, trust me I can be 99.9% right!
"Show where you're going, without forgetting where you're from"

Clinched:
IL: I-88, I-180, I-190, I-290, I-294, I-355, IL-390
IN: I-80, I-94
SD: I-190
WI: I-90, I-94
MI: I-94, I-196
MN: I-90

Billy F 1988

1995hoo

Is Peter Griffin another name for Don Koharski?
"You know, you never have a guaranteed spot until you have a spot guaranteed."
—Olaf Kolzig, as quoted in the Washington Times on March 28, 2003,
commenting on the Capitals clinching a playoff spot.

"That sounded stupid, didn't it?"
—Kolzig, to the same reporter a few seconds later.

TheHighwayMan3561

Didn't you post something identical to this last year?
self-certified as the dumbest person on this board for 5 years running

Rothman

Please note: All comments here represent my own personal opinion and do not reflect the official position(s) of NYSDOT.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.