News:

Needing some php assistance with the script on the main AARoads site. Please contact Alex if you would like to help or provide advice!

Main Menu

Rest in Peace

Started by jeffandnicole, June 22, 2015, 11:04:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jeffandnicole

It's been a year since you left us.
When you were born, the world rejoiced.
You lived your life in a manner so that when you die, the world cries and you rejoice.
As a well spent day brings happy sleep, so life well used brings happy death.
Sleeping With Angels, Living With God
Memories Will Comfort Until We Meet Again
Always Loved And Never Forgotten
Each happiness of yesterday is a memory for tomorrow.
Forever in this heart of mine, an everlasting bond, for now until the end of time, are memories so fond.
A thousand words won't bring you back; neither will a thousand tears.
Always on our mind; forever in my heart.
The life of the dead is placed in the heart of the living.

Rest in Peace, Alanland
8/31/12 - 6/22/14

Takumi

I was expecting a eulogy for a family member and got a goat, and no one wants a goat.

Edit: this is what I'm referencing
Quote from: Rothman on July 15, 2021, 07:52:59 AM
Olive Garden must be stopped.  I must stop them.

Don't @ me. Seriously.

corco

I'll pour one out tonight for the ghost
goats.

hbelkins

That was and was not a wonderful eulogy.

INB4 threadlock.

Government would be tolerable if not for politicians and bureaucrats.

Grzrd

Edgar Allan Poe was remarkably prescient about this phenomenon in his prose poem, Eureka:

My general proposition, then, is this: -- In the Original Unity of the First Thing lies the Secondary Cause of All Things, with the Germ of their Inevitable Annihilation.

Brandon

Alanland apparently lives on in the roadmeet.

"If you think this has a happy ending, you haven't been paying attention." - Ramsay Bolton, "Game of Thrones"

"Symbolic of his struggle against reality." - Reg, "Monty Python's Life of Brian"

Takumi

Quote from: hbelkins on June 22, 2015, 12:05:48 PM
INB4 threadlock.

Yeah, this. It's also been awhile since blawp has signed up to troll us again...
Quote from: Rothman on July 15, 2021, 07:52:59 AM
Olive Garden must be stopped.  I must stop them.

Don't @ me. Seriously.

Scott5114

I'm impressed someone remembered the exact date of the Nimbyan Invasion...
uncontrollable freak sardine salad chef

hbelkins

Quote from: Scott5114 on June 22, 2015, 08:00:46 PM

I used to have the date in my sig.

Government would be tolerable if not for politicians and bureaucrats.

jeffandnicole

Quote from: hbelkins on June 22, 2015, 08:48:35 PM
Quote from: Scott5114 on June 22, 2015, 08:00:46 PM

I used to have the date in my sig.

It was a recent review of the thread that reminded me the date was coming up. Besides, it's pretty easy to look at the time stamps to figure out its lifespan!

Molandfreak

Someone trolled us and deleted a post, there are no longer 2000 posts in the Alanland thread. :-(
Quote from: Max Rockatansky on December 05, 2023, 08:24:57 PM
AASHTO attributes 28.5% of highway inventory shrink to bad road fan social media posts.

hotdogPi

Quote from: Molandfreak on June 22, 2015, 10:43:58 PM
Someone trolled us and deleted a post, there are no longer 2000 posts in the Alanland thread. :-(

If exactly one post has been deleted, there are still 2000 posts, just not 2000 replies.
Clinched, plus MA 286

Traveled, plus several state routes

Lowest untraveled: 25 (updated from 14)

New clinches: MA 286
New traveled: MA 14, MA 123

corco

That... That is evil

renegade

For the love of God ... why?

:verymad:
Don’t ask me how I know.  Just understand that I do.

Brandon

"Oh the humanity!"  "Listen, folks; I... I'm gonna have to stop for a minute because I've lost my voice. This is the worst thing I've ever witnessed."
"If you think this has a happy ending, you haven't been paying attention." - Ramsay Bolton, "Game of Thrones"

"Symbolic of his struggle against reality." - Reg, "Monty Python's Life of Brian"

kj3400

Never and always forget.
Call me Kenny/Kenneth. No, seriously.

CNGL-Leudimin

There is (and is not) a reason why I moved back from Eastwest Boscoria to '3,229 miles away [as the crow flies] from a numbered American highway' (That being Alt US 1 in Hamlin ME).
Supporter of the construction of several running gags, including I-366 with a speed limit of 85 mph (137 km/h) and the Hypotenuse.

Please note that I may mention "invalid" FM channels, i.e. ending in an even number or down to 87.5. These are valid in Europe.

kkt

Quote from: CNGL-Leudimin on June 26, 2015, 04:31:20 PM
There is (and is not) a reason why I moved back from Eastwest Boscoria to '3,229 miles away [as the crow flies] from a numbered American highway' (That being Alt US 1 in Hamlin ME).

I'm pretty sure crows don't fly across the Atlantic.

Brandon

Quote from: kkt on June 26, 2015, 05:12:20 PM
Quote from: CNGL-Leudimin on June 26, 2015, 04:31:20 PM

I'm pretty sure crows don't fly across the Atlantic.

How about ravens carrying letters?  White ravens for the advent of winter?

SteveG1988

How about an european or african swallow carrying a coconut?
Roads Clinched

I55,I82,I84(E&W)I88(W),I87(N),I81,I64,I74(W),I72,I57,I24,I65,I59,I12,I71,I77,I76(E&W),I70,I79,I85,I86(W),I27,I16,I97,I96,I43,I41,

Alex4897

Quote from: SteveG1988 on June 26, 2015, 09:04:38 PM
How about an european or african swallow carrying a coconut?
Are you suggesting coconuts are migratory?
👉😎👉

noelbotevera

Pleased to meet you
Hope you guessed my name

(Recently hacked. A human operates this account now!)

hotdogPi

Quote from: noelbotevera on June 27, 2015, 02:24:19 AM
what

Quote from: jeffandnicole on June 22, 2015, 11:04:49 AM
Rest in Peace, Alanland
8/31/12 - 6/22/14

It's a particular thread. However, if you joined after 6/22/14, you would not know.
Clinched, plus MA 286

Traveled, plus several state routes

Lowest untraveled: 25 (updated from 14)

New clinches: MA 286
New traveled: MA 14, MA 123

Michael

I wanted to post this in the Alanland thread, but I kept forgetting, and then it got locked.  I guess I'll post here before this gets locked too.

During the winter of 2013-2014, the City of Auburn replaced the primary water main for the city.  I never got a picture, but there was a "ROAD WORK AHEAD" sign with an "END DETOUR" sign below it, which I thought would be perfect for Alanland.  It got even better when it started snowing since there was road work in the winter in Central NY.  Then, we got around a foot of snow, and after the street was plowed, the snowbank was touching the bottom of the "END DETOUR" sign.

CNGL-Leudimin

Quote from: kkt on June 26, 2015, 05:12:20 PMI'm pretty sure crows don't fly across the Atlantic.

Well, I meant in a straight line. Due to the shape of the Earth, this renders as a big curve across North Atlantic Ocean in Google Maps, but it's actually straight.
Quote from: 1 on June 27, 2015, 08:53:17 AM
Quote from: noelbotevera on June 27, 2015, 02:24:19 AM
what

Quote from: jeffandnicole on June 22, 2015, 11:04:49 AM
Rest in Peace, Alanland
8/31/12 - 6/22/14

It's a particular thread. However, if you joined after 6/22/14, you would not know.

That date system confuses me, especially up to the twelfth day of any given month. For example, my birthday is on April 7th, not on Independence Day (7/4 and 4/7 respectively for me, the other way round for you). But that is another topic.

I myself joined long after the ethanman thing happened, but when I published my plans for an I-666 encircling Washington DC, I followed the running gag he established and stated the speed limit on the section that currently is VA 28 would be 85. However, the same running gag has VA 28 becoming I-366 instead.
Supporter of the construction of several running gags, including I-366 with a speed limit of 85 mph (137 km/h) and the Hypotenuse.

Please note that I may mention "invalid" FM channels, i.e. ending in an even number or down to 87.5. These are valid in Europe.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.