Ranking of the most common license plates in your area

Started by hotdogPi, June 28, 2015, 02:34:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ethanhopkin14

Living in Austin (far from state borders and full of California transplants) I see:

1.) California
2.) Oklahoma
3.) Louisiana
4.) Arizona
5.) Kansas
6.) Tamaulipas
7.) Illinois
7.) Nueva Leon
6.) New York
7.) New Jersey
8.) Zacatecas
8.) Massachusetts
9.) Washington
5.) The Occasional Minnesota and Colorado

Strange is I rarely see Arkansas and New Mexico seeing how they border Texas, although New Mexico borders Texas about 600 miles and a time zone away from Austin.  I guess most people in New Mexico and Arkansas don't travel much.

roadman65

In Florida its New York, New Jersey, and Michigan all stand out in front of the rest of them.

Its mostly because most people moving down here are from those two states especially New York with Sean Hannity and his pal Dick Scott (our beloved Governor who I cannot figure out how he got in here being he had no previous political offices) are promoting people to move down here because the jobs are plentiful.  However the job market is debatable, but I am sure people had enough with paying high taxes and hearing what they wish to hear along with the thought of palm trees and year round warmth is causing those to leave Long Island and come buy all the houses down here.

Anyway, for Canada its Ontario.  Also some Minnesota and Illinois car plates you will see as well.
Every day is a winding road, you just got to get used to it.

Sheryl Crowe

Rothman

I've been attempting to come up with my list for the Capital Region of NY.  I suppose this'll do:

1) VT
2) NJ
3) Quebec
4) MA
5) CT
6) Ontario
7) FL
8) PA
9) GA
10) VA/OH (surprisingly sporadic)

I've seen more than one AK plate down here over the years I've lived here and even a single HI plate.

I'm sure others would rank these differently, but I can't imagine the ingredients being different.
Please note: All comments here represent my own personal opinion and do not reflect the official position(s) of NYSDOT.

jakeroot

Spent a day in Kauai, Hawaii's northwestern-most island. From most prevalent to least prevalent:

1) Hawaii Private Vehicle Plate
2) Hawaii STATE Plate (police, etc)

Those are the only plates I saw.

JCinSummerfield

For me in western Monroe County, Michigan:

1. Michigan
2. Ohio
3. Ontario (distant 3rd)

Desert Man

California is the most (my state), then my list of 12 most common out-of-town license plates (not accurately ranked in order) from states and provinces (Canada). I had seen an occasional Baja Cal. (Mexico), Alaska and Hawaii.

2. Arizona
3. Washington
4. Oregon
5. Utah
6. New York
7. Illinois
8. British Columbia
9. Colorado
10. Alberta
11. Nevada
12. Texas
13. Manitoba
Get your kicks...on Route 99! Like to turn 66 upside down. The other historic Main street of America.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.