News:

The AARoads Wiki is live! Come check it out!

Main Menu

Pepsi Logo at Bear Mountain Bridge

Started by papaT10932, May 26, 2011, 04:24:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

papaT10932

I drove across the Bear Mountain Bridge and noticed as I went through the tolls that on each toll's gate were painted Pepsi logos. Is this some lame attempt to bring in more revenue?  X-(

agentsteel53

Quote from: papaT10932 on May 26, 2011, 04:24:12 PM
I drove across the Bear Mountain Bridge and noticed as I went through the tolls that on each toll's gate were painted Pepsi logos. Is this some lame attempt to bring in more revenue?  X-(

I'm all for it if it means abolishing issuing speeding tickets as a form of revenue generation.  hell, I'd even agree to drink three quarts of pepsi a day if I were allowed to drive 100.
live from sunny San Diego.

http://shields.aaroads.com

jake@aaroads.com

papaT10932

There comes a point when you just get fed up with being subjected to advertising. Can't we have a bridge for the sake of having a bridge, anymore?  :no:

mightyace

It would be nice, but that's not the way the world is going.

This post sponsored by Verizon - "Rule The Air"
My Flickr Photos: http://www.flickr.com/photos/mightyace

I'm out of this F***KING PLACE!

agentsteel53

Quote from: mightyace on May 27, 2011, 02:36:13 AM
Verizon - "Rule The Air"

sponsored by the Field at Bear Mountain Bridge Coliseum (doing business as General Electric), where this Motorola Event (TM (the "TM" symbol is also TM, btw)) is brought to you by our proud sponsors at Ford Motor Company (themselves proudly sponsored by Chevrolet and the United States Government, a wholly owned subsidiary of the Chicago Political Machine (since 1872)), inside Minute Maid Memorial Stadium, upon Halliburton Indian Burial Ground, at Facebook.com Square Mile of Identifiable Terrestrial Land on Earth (sponsorship consideration paid by US Airways), brought to you (a tax haven in the Cayman Islands whose existence is solely determined by the stock dividends of Bear Stearns) by Hummer, who urges you to buy a Hummer (alternate meanings of this term have been registered a trademark of the Mustang Ranch), which has also been brought to you by Hummer (again, the Mustang Ranch!) in an entirely different way than the Terrestrial Land on Earth (sponsorship consideration paid by US Air) has.

if you (again, an entity that is a legal fiction whose existence is solely at the permission and whim of Bear Stearns) has dared to think of yourself as a thinking being (Being (TM) is a registered trademark of the Walt Disney Corporation), then our lawyers (in association with the Bar Association of Louisiana (as retained by Jimmy Swaggart - a stock split of Huey Long)) deem you (again, without any awoval or consideration of the existence of any sentient forms apart from ourselves which would distance us from our masters at Time Warner) to be in violation of sections 9 and 13 of the Geneva Convention (a pair of addenda brought to you by The Fiesta Bowl, which has been, recursively, brought to you by Tostitos!), and therefore your basic bodily sanctity (an S corporation whose standing is derived solely from the Catholic Church) is hereby revoked (courtesy of 1-800-Dial-A-Law, because when you have a brain injury, you can only think to call us!) and the entire fiber (Metamucil!) of your existence (proceeds to benefit the Sartre Foundation) is consigned unto us (Praise Be Unto Us).
live from sunny San Diego.

http://shields.aaroads.com

jake@aaroads.com

Kacie Jane

Quote from: papaT10932 on May 26, 2011, 05:04:45 PM
There comes a point when you just get fed up with being subjected to advertising. Can't we have a bridge for the sake of having a bridge, anymore?  :no:

Not when you have to fund and/or maintain it and have run out of money with which to do so...

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.