News:

Thank you for your patience during the Forum downtime while we upgraded the software. Welcome back and see this thread for some new features and other changes to the forum.

Main Menu

North St. Louis County traffic study/NorthWest Parkway

Started by Revive 755, July 01, 2010, 06:12:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Revive 755

North County traffic study
http://www.co.st-louis.mo.us/hwyweb/Publications/NW_Pkwy_Study/I-270_I-70_MO370_MoDOT_Report_2006-11.pdf (30 MB PDF)

* The study is dated since it lacks the now under construction diverging diamond as an alternative for the I-270/Dorsett interchange, plus the new design for the I-270/Page interchange (the new turbine plan with a NB-WB and future WB-SB semi-direct ramps, versus the older NB-WB flyover with a future SB-EB flyover as shown in this study), and the now under construction completion of the MO 141/Earth City corridor.

* The study briefly notes that MoDOT developed conceptual alternatives to grade separate the Page/Schuetz intersection, but funding constraints and a lack of priority are hampering the project (Page 63 or 77/129).

* A MO 370 to Lambert Airport connection was once considered (a "fourth leg"  of I-270/MO 370 interchange), possible new terminal and access via MO 370. Alternate 3 later in the study has the complete I-270/MO 370 interchange with the fourth leg as a stack variant with six levels, but I only count five from the diagram (NB-WB on the bottom, I-270 mainlanes, EB MO 370 + EB-NB, SB-EB, and WB-SB on top)(Page 79, 93/120)

* Alternate 4 looks at one-way outer roads for I-270 between Missouri Bottom Road and I-70.

* I-270 half diamond south of the McKelvey Road overpass briefly looked at, dropped due to weaving issues (Page 99, 113/129).  So traffic wanting to use such ramps would have to cross traffic exiting to I-70 instead of simply merging over sooner with the rest of the traffic exiting in the area?

* The study leans towards conversion of the I-70/Earth City Expressway interchange to a SPUI over using a flyover for the SB-EB or WB-SB movements due to the presence of other traffic lights on the Earth City Expressway, and some study members thinking of flyovers as overkill (wonder if any of them have seen I-80/I-94 in the Gary area with semi-direct ramps for surface street movements?).  For some reason a six ramp partial cloverleaf option is neglected yet again around St. Louis (other area I know for sure this happened was the I-64/Kingshighway interchange).

* The study notes many drivers using McDonald Blvd to bypass I-270 congestion, and states "widening of I-270 between I-170 and IL 3 and reconstruction of the Lindbergh Boulevard interchange may alleviate some of the need for improvements to the I-270/McDonnell Boulevard interchange." (Page 108 or 122/129).

* The study ultimately recommends a SPUI for I-270/MO 180, adding one- way outer roads for I-270 between I-70 and Missouri Bottom Road, and possible conversion of the I-270/McDonnell interchange to a diverging diamond, and to wait on final decisions for the I-270/MO 370 interchange, widening the NB I-270 to WB I-70 flyover, and the I-70/ Earth City Expressway interchange.

NorthWest Parkway
Main website:  http://www.co.st-louis.mo.us/hwyweb/Publications/NW_Pkwy_Study/NW_Pkwy_Study.html
RFQ:  http://www.co.st-louis.mo.us/hwyweb/Publications/NW_Pkwy_Study/Final_RFQ_6-30-10.pdf

* Pretty much a northern extension of the MO 141/Maryland Heights Speedtrap/Earth City Expressway corridor, the RFQ indicates the route is one day intending to extend eastward to MO 367

* The environmentalist are going probably be a problem for this route.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.