News:

Thanks to everyone for the feedback on what errors you encountered from the forum database changes made in Fall 2023. Let us know if you discover anymore.

Main Menu

L.I.E. or Northern State Parkway

Started by newyorker478, June 01, 2011, 09:00:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

newyorker478

Which do you think is better, more fuctional...discuss here

Alps

LIE always jams up, so I'll pick the Northern. Still, if I have to head east from the NYC area, I'd probably pick the Southern to the Sunrise, just because I've rarely ever heard about traffic problems along that route. Northern is limited by ending so far west on the island.

newyorker478

Quote from: Steve on June 02, 2011, 06:53:16 PM
LIE always jams up, so I'll pick the Northern. Still, if I have to head east from the NYC area, I'd probably pick the Southern to the Sunrise, just because I've rarely ever heard about traffic problems along that route. Northern is limited by ending so far west on the island.

Guess so, even though Southern gets usual rush hour jams, and Sunrise around Oakdale can be messy. I usually find Northern State, GCP, Triboro to be consistently easier to get off LI than the Midtown Tunnel.

Alps

Grand Central just as easily backs up, especially near 495 and then again near LaGuardia. Frankly, the best way off the island is up the Throgs Neck or Whitestone, but that doesn't work for everyone.

papaT10932

If I have to travel the length of the island, I prefer the Ocean Parkway. It's a little bit of a detour from the Southern State, but there's hardly ever bumper to bumper traffic and the scenery is beautiful - water on both sides.  :cool:

nyratk1

Quote from: papaT10932 on June 04, 2011, 05:23:21 PM
If I have to travel the length of the island, I prefer the Ocean Parkway. It's a little bit of a detour from the Southern State, but there's hardly ever bumper to bumper traffic and the scenery is beautiful - water on both sides.  :cool:

I dunno, it's become a dumping ground of late.  :ded:

papaT10932

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.