AARoads Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
 on: Today at 03:12:22 AM 
Started by Duke87 - Last post by jakeroot
Rules are here: http://www.aaroads.com/forum/index.php?topic=992.0

Next time, when you get the notice that the thread is more than 120 days old, take a serious look at the thread and determine if your post on a thread 8 years old is relevant.

Why does it matter how old the thread is? Doesn't it clutter up the site to have multiple threads all on the same topic?

That's actually a question I legitimately have: Two things are frowned uponóreviving old threads, and starting new threads for an existing topic. Where's the acceptable dividing line?

IMO, reviving an old thread is only frowned upon if the bumped post is superflous (see post #6 in this thread). It's up to you to decide where that grey area starts and ends.

Starting a new thread is frowned upon only if the new thread is redundant (eg. "A unique sign!" when the "Unique odd or interesting" thread already exists).

on: Today at 02:54:11 AM 
Started by rickmastfan67 - Last post by jakeroot
When I replaced the hard drive (HDD) in my laptop with an SSD, I remember having to buy a SATA to USB-3 cable, after which I used some program to simply clone the HDD to the plugged-in SSD. The catch is, I can't remember what the name of the program was (this all happened about five years ago). Samsung has a tool called "Data Migration" that I probably used to clone the HDD, as the SSD I purchased was made by Samsung. But I'm not 100% sure.

Truth is, you can use just about any cloning tool (I'm sure Tom's Hardware has a relevant article for your new HDD's brand (as in, an article that shows you how to clone your current HDD to your new brand's HDD)). I do remember having issues with the BIOS being in the wrong mode, so I blue-screen'd like twelve times before I figured out the issue. Now, the laptop only blue-screens once every thirty starts :cool:.

on: Today at 02:31:32 AM 
Started by briantroutman - Last post by Kacie Jane
In New Jersey, CR 516 does this as it passes through Matawan.  The eastbound lanes follow Broad Street, while the westbound lanes follow Main Street.  Both are two-way streets.

Source? I haven't been there in a very long time, but NJDOT confirms what I thought: CR 516 follows Broad Street in both directions.

on: Today at 01:59:42 AM 
Started by Plutonic Panda - Last post by Plutonic Panda
Ok, you can have both a compact SPUI and no left entrances/exits with the amazing... OFFSET SPUI!!!

http://imgur.com/ttqzlBS

Also, for those saying it requires Moore right of way, there are some in LA that are SUPER compact, not to mension the intersection is by, like you said, a military base, were they could probably be convinced that giving 5 acres of land to the city is in there best interests.
Thats way too forward thinking for ODOT. But it beautiful though.

Well, forward thinking is a ddi. And it's comming(in 4 years).
Also, do you know of an OSSPUI in LA? I couldn't find one... mabey they demolished it...
I'm referring to the way this particular SPUI was designed.

An OSSPUI? I'm not. In fact I can't even think of an SPUI in Los Angles or at least the basin. I think there are a few close by but I can't remember where.

on: Today at 01:56:19 AM 
Started by Plutonic Panda - Last post by Plutonic Panda
http://m.newsok.com/article/5546581

This article explains this better. I for one thought the study had already been underway but it hasn't been started and will last two years. Bummed. Thought maybe we'd see some proposals.

As for the commment in this article that the freeway can't be widened, I'm calling bullshit. If I-35 really can't be widened more than 6 lanes, enjoy the traffic flow while it lasts because if OKC becomes a boomtown like Austin and they aren't even able to widen it more than six lanes, well, you already see in Austin how that's worked out.

I think it's just a money issue which they should just come out and say if that's the case.

on: Today at 01:32:17 AM 
Started by briantroutman - Last post by kurumi
In Bridgeport, CT 130 uses a one-way pair for about 1.5 miles. Eastbound (State Street) is CT 130; Westbound (Fairfield Ave) is signed as 130 but is officially SR 700. That's not a match for the thread, but it sets up Water Street, which reconnects CT 130 back to SR 700.

Water Street northbound for 2 blocks is CT 130 EB, but Water Street southbound is nothing.

That's all I can think of for CT.

on: Today at 01:20:59 AM 
Started by Grzrd - Last post by cenlaroads
The current 4-lane sections of this corridor, LA 28 between Leesville and Alexandria and US 84 in eastern LA, have nowhere near enough traffic to justify an interstate through this region.  Every one of the dozens of times I have driven between Alexandria and Leesville, there have been maybe 2 or 3 cars within a half mile of me, ahead or behind.

The last statewide transportation plan update had over $40 billion worth of "megaprojects" listed, and I would wager that every one of them is more necessary and justified that building I-14 through Louisiana.  Not to mention the $12 billion (or whatever it is) backlog of maintenance.

on: Today at 01:16:36 AM 
Started by Duke87 - Last post by empirestate
Rules are here: http://www.aaroads.com/forum/index.php?topic=992.0

Next time, when you get the notice that the thread is more than 120 days old, take a serious look at the thread and determine if your post on a thread 8 years old is relevant.

Why does it matter how old the thread is? Doesn't it clutter up the site to have multiple threads all on the same topic?

That's actually a question I legitimately have: Two things are frowned uponóreviving old threads, and starting new threads for an existing topic. Where's the acceptable dividing line?

iPhone

on: Today at 01:07:08 AM 
Started by briantroutman - Last post by cpzilliacus
MD-7 in Elkton, Cecil County has an arrangement like this.  Eastbound MD-7 follows Main Street, which  is one-way (eastbound) from Bridge Street to South Street.  Westbound drivers are not so fortunate.  As they approach South Street they  see a DO NOT ENTER sign, but there are no trailblazers informing which way to go to follow MD-7.  The apparent best path to follow (none of it signed with any mention of MD-7) is a left on South Street; a right on Howard Street; a right on Bridge Street; and finally a left back onto Main Street - all of these appear to be maintained by Elkton.

on: Today at 12:52:12 AM 
Started by Nanis - Last post by 7/8
Normally I would say "Welcome from Kitchener, Ontario", but tonight I'm in Regina, Saskatchewan :)

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.