News:

Thanks to everyone for the feedback on what errors you encountered from the forum database changes made in Fall 2023. Let us know if you discover anymore.

Main Menu

Newbie from New Bern

Started by slorydn1, February 03, 2015, 05:13:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

slorydn1

Hello, my name is Rich and I live in New Bern NC approximately 2 hours east of Raleigh along US-70. Many will tell you that New Bern is located at the confluence of the Neuse and Trent Rivers. I like to say that it is located at the intersection of US-17 and US-70, lol.

I have been lurking here for many years, going back to the MTR days. I had actually registered here almost 3 years ago but had actually forgotten that I had taken that step already, so I guess it's finally time to take the next one.

My only meager contributions  to our hobby are a couple of pictures of BGS's and assurance markers from my area roadways on Adam Prince's "All things NC" site approximately 10 years ago (man I am getting old).

I have been spending most of my internet time the last 15 years or so on Motorsports related sites and for the last few years moderating a site dedicated to my favorite car, the Ford Mustang.

It is time that I finally start talking about my other love, the very highways that my Mustang(s) get to enjoy every day (my wife has one, too).

I do apologize in advance if this is a double post, I apparently got timed out while typing it the first time and had to re-log in and it didn't appear that my first attempt was successful.

Thank you for allowing me to take up some of your time this very chilly February morning.

Please Note: All posts represent my personal opinions and do not represent those of any governmental agency, non-governmental agency, quasi-governmental agency or wanna be governmental agency

Counties: Counties Visited

davewiecking

Alex

hotdogPi

Clinched

Traveled, plus
US 13,44,50
MA 22,40,107,109,117,119,126,141,159
NH 27, 111A(E); CA 133; NY 366; GA 42, 140; FL A1A, 7; CT 32; VT 2A, 5A; PA 3, 51, 60, QC 162, 165, 263; UK A100, A3211, A3213, A3215, A4222; FR95 D316

Lowest untraveled: 25 (updated from 14)

New: MA 14, 123

freebrickproductions

Welcome to the forums from the Tennessee Valley!
It's all fun & games until someone summons Cthulhu and brings about the end of the world.

I also collect traffic lights, road signs, fans, and railroad crossing equipment.

(They/Them)

SignGeek101

Welcome from flat Winnipeg!

OCGuy81

Brandon

Quote from: SignGeek101 on February 03, 2015, 05:31:49 PM
Welcome from flat Winnipeg!

Yeah, you got us beat on that.  And here I thought Chicagoland was fairly flat until I visited Winnipeg!

Anyway, welcome from not-quite-as-flat-as-I-thought Illinois.
"If you think this has a happy ending, you haven't been paying attention." - Ramsay Bolton, "Game of Thrones"

"Symbolic of his struggle against reality." - Reg, "Monty Python's Life of Brian"

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.