News:

Thank you for your patience during the Forum downtime while we upgraded the software. Welcome back and see this thread for some new features and other changes to the forum.

Main Menu

Hierarchy of US Highways in your State

Started by GaryV, February 06, 2015, 08:13:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RobbieL2415

Quote from: TravelingBethelite on February 15, 2017, 12:44:21 PM
My stab at Connecticut: (in descending importance)

Tier 1
U.S. 6
U.S. 1

Tier 2
U.S. 5
U.S. 202
U.S. 44
U.S. 1A (Stonington)
US 7?

TravelingBethelite

Quote from: RobbieL2415 on February 15, 2017, 09:37:43 PM
Quote from: TravelingBethelite on February 15, 2017, 12:44:21 PM
My stab at Connecticut: (in descending importance)

Tier 1
U.S. 6
U.S. 1

Tier 2
U.S. 5
U.S. 202
U.S. 44
U.S. 1A (Stonington)
US 7?

Look at my reply, #99. I corrected it.
"Imprisoned by the freedom of the road!" - Ronnie Milsap
See my photos at: http://bit.ly/1Qi81ws

Now I decide where I go...

2018 Ford Fusion SE - proud new owner!

iowahighways

Since nobody has mentioned it yet, here's my attempt at Iowa:

• US 20 - the state's most important east-west corridor aside from I-80, in the process of becoming four lanes (mostly) from border to border
  • US 218 - makes up large chunks of the Avenue of the Saints, even if it has been overshadowed by I-380 between Waterloo and Cedar Rapids (and follows I-380 between CR and I-80)
  • US 151 - important four-lane corridor connecting Cedar Rapids, Dubuque, and Wisconsin
  • US 61 - important four-lane corridor connecting the Quad Cities, Dubuque, and Wisconsin; south of Davenport it runs relatively close to the Avenue of the Saints but there are still long-term plans to four-lane the segment between Muscatine and Burlington
  • US 30 - would rank higher if not for its proximity to I-80
  • US 63 - most significant from Waterloo northward and Oskaloosa southward; IA 14, 330, and 163 overshadow the stretch in between
  • US 34 - mostly serves smaller communities west of Ottumwa, but is part of the Des Moines-Burlington expressway east of there
  • US 71 - north-south corridor that is far from any Interstate but its largest cities (Spencer, Storm Lake, and Carroll) barely have over 10,000 people
  • US 18 - part of the Avenue of the Saints between Clear Lake and Charles City, but aside from Mason City it mostly serves smaller communities in north Iowa
  • US 52 - points for scenery through the Driftless Area of northeast Iowa, but is mostly two lanes outside of Dubuque; overshadowed by US 61 south of there
  • US 169 - Fort Dodge is by far the largest city but loses significance south of I-80, running relatively close to I-35
  • US 75 - four lanes between Sioux City and Le Mars, but sandwiched between I-29 in South Dakota and the four-lane IA 60 north of there
  • US 59 - serves cities of less than 10,000 (Denison is the largest) in western Iowa
  • US 67 - again, points for scenery for mostly running along the Mississippi, but mostly overshadowed by US 61
  • US 65 - mostly overshadowed by I-35, despite the freeway bypass around Des Moines
  • US 6 - overshadowed by I-80
  • US 69 - overshadowed by I-35
  • US 275 - overshadowed by I-29; sometimes gets mis-signed as IA 275
  • US 136 - entirely within Keokuk
  • US 77 - ends as soon as it crosses into Sioux City
The Iowa Highways Page: Now exclusively at www.iowahighways.org
The Iowa Highways Photo Gallery: www.flickr.com/photos/iowahighways/

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.