News:

The AARoads Wiki is live! Come check it out!

Main Menu

2015 March Madness

Started by US 41, March 13, 2015, 05:47:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Who do you think will win the 2015 NCAA Tournament?

Kentucky
Virginia
Wisconsin
Duke
Villanova
Gonzaga
Arizona
Other

US 41

Most will probably pick Kentucky because of their undefeated season, but I think there are plenty of teams that can beat them. Also on ESPN Tournament Challenge it says I can rejoin the AARoads group, so let me know if this is the group everyone is going to use.
Visited States and Provinces:
USA (48)= All of Lower 48
Canada (5)= NB, NS, ON, PEI, QC
Mexico (9)= BCN, BCS, CHIH, COAH, DGO, NL, SON, SIN, TAM

The Nature Boy

After last night Notre Dame game and the way that Duke performed in the tournament last year, I have a hard time picking them. They seem prone to choking lately and not performing with the pressure on. I also see Kentucky losing in the tournament because they'll be caught off guard by a team that they haven't played and whose style they aren't expecting. Remember that Kentucky got the undefeated season largely by playing a weak SEC. There's no way that Kentucky's schedule was anywhere near as tough as a B1G or ACC team's schedule would've been.

My pick? Who the hell knows. I haven't made one yet.

kurumi

Hey Calipari, UConn's still alive in their whatever-the-conference-they're-in tournament. Maybe they sneak in with a weak seed, and then let's see what happens!

My first SF/horror short story collection is available: "Young Man, Open Your Winter Eye"

The Nature Boy

UConn should just join the ACC. There's a natural rivalry with BC and Syracuse there and they would get a ton more attention.

ET21

Irish!  :sombrero:

Although I'm leaning to Virginia and Gonzaga as well
The local weatherman, trust me I can be 99.9% right!
"Show where you're going, without forgetting where you're from"

Clinched:
IL: I-88, I-180, I-190, I-290, I-294, I-355, IL-390
IN: I-80, I-94
SD: I-190
WI: I-90, I-94
MI: I-94, I-196
MN: I-90

SSOWorld

Duke should NOT BE a #1 seed.  Their RPI was lower than AZ and WI and they got kicked out in the semis.  They certainly do pay their way in.

Scott O.

Not all who wander are lost...
Ah, the open skies, wind at my back, warm sun on my... wait, where the hell am I?!
As a matter of fact, I do own the road.
Raise your what?

Wisconsin - out-multiplexing your state since 1918.

The Nature Boy

I've got Duke/Kentucky as my final two with Duke winning

My final four:

Duke, Kentucky, North Carolina, Virginia

hbelkins

Yes, I'm watching the "I Hate Christian Laettner" show right now.

Government would be tolerable if not for politicians and bureaucrats.

golden eagle

Virginia can't score, so I don't put much stock into them doing much.

US 41

My final 4 is Notre Dame, Arizona, Virginia, and Gonzaga. I have Arizona winning it all.

on_wisconsin

"Speed does not kill, suddenly becoming stationary... that's what gets you" - Jeremy Clarkson

ARMOURERERIC

nexus73

So who is the Cinderella story for 2015?  That's a tougher one than picking a winner at the start!

Rick
US 101 is THE backbone of the Pacific coast from Bandon OR to Willits CA.  Industry, tourism and local traffic would be gone or severely crippled without it being in functioning condition in BOTH states.

hm insulators

Quote from: US 41 on March 13, 2015, 05:47:17 PM
Most will probably pick Kentucky because of their undefeated season, but I think there are plenty of teams that can beat them. Also on ESPN Tournament Challenge it says I can rejoin the AARoads group, so let me know if this is the group everyone is going to use.

So what's the password on that group? I've got a bracket filled out for another webpage, but this year, I'd thought I would join you guys, too.
Remember: If the women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy.

I'd rather be a child of the road than a son of a ditch.

At what age do you tell a highway that it's been adopted?

US 41

Quote from: hm insulators on March 16, 2015, 06:24:42 PM
Quote from: US 41 on March 13, 2015, 05:47:17 PM

So what's the password on that group? I've got a bracket filled out for another webpage, but this year, I'd thought I would join you guys, too.

The password is interstate99

kendancy66

I thought that there was a ncaa tourney group roads forum group on yahoo.  Is that not correct?  Only ESPN?

kendancy66

I see that 2012 was last year for a yahoo tournament bracket. I always got email from Adam prince to join

jp the roadgeek

Quote from: The Nature Boy on March 14, 2015, 01:01:14 PM
UConn should just join the ACC. There's a natural rivalry with BC and Syracuse there and they would get a ton more attention.

We desperately want to, either that or B1G or Big XII, but our football program is borderline FCS, and sadly, football is king. So because of our lackluster football team, our championship caliber basketball programs end up in the AAC aka Sun Belt II.  Plus, no way Rutgers is B1G without the proximity to NYC.
Interstates I've clinched: 97, 290 (MA), 291 (CT), 291 (MA), 293, 295 (DE-NJ-PA), 295 (RI-MA), 384, 391, 395 (CT-MA), 395 (MD), 495 (DE), 610 (LA), 684, 691, 695 (MD), 695 (NY), 795 (MD)

triplemultiplex

"That's just like... your opinion, man."

The Nature Boy

Quote from: jp the roadgeek on March 16, 2015, 10:37:43 PM
Quote from: The Nature Boy on March 14, 2015, 01:01:14 PM

We desperately want to, either that or B1G or Big XII, but our football program is borderline FCS, and sadly, football is king. So because of our lackluster football team, our championship caliber basketball programs end up in the AAC aka Sun Belt II.  Plus, no way Rutgers is B1G without the proximity to NYC.

The B1G seems out to grab media markets at this point. Penn State got them Philly, Rutgers got them NYC, Maryland got them DC. The B1G Network has made them hungry for expansion for the sake of expansion. I am still pissed that Maryland joined the B1G because it spits on the tradition of their rivalries with the North Carolina schools and Virginia.

ACC football is generally pretty weak (with a couple of exceptions). UConn would be bad by comparison but they'd fit into the ACC.

Henry

No team has gone undefeated since the 1976 Indiana Hoosiers (and I hadn't even turned 6 yet!), but it would be amazing if Kentucky could pull it off.
Go Cubs Go! Go Cubs Go! Hey Chicago, what do you say? The Cubs are gonna win today!

hbelkins

Not my creation -- found somewhere on the Web.

Government would be tolerable if not for politicians and bureaucrats.

nexus73

Send Kentucky to the NBA and reform the former ABA Kentucky Colonels.  That was a LOL funny find you made HBelkins!

Rick
US 101 is THE backbone of the Pacific coast from Bandon OR to Willits CA.  Industry, tourism and local traffic would be gone or severely crippled without it being in functioning condition in BOTH states.

US 41

I really don't think Kentucky will finish undefeated. The SEC really isn't that good. I mean UK was taken to OT against Ole Miss and Texas A&M. If Arizona, Gonzaga, or Virginia had Kentucky's schedule those teams could be undefeated right now too. Is UK really really good? Yes without question, but there are other really good teams in the bracket too.

If these teams get far enough to play UK I feel as though these teams have very good shots at beating Kentucky.

Sweet 16
Maryland - They beat Wisconsin the best team in the BIG TEN. If Maryland played very good they could make the big upset.

Elite 8
Notre Dame - I have Notre Dame beating UK in my bracket. Notre Dame has won 5 straight and 3 of those were against very very good opponents (Louisville, UNC, and Duke).

Wichita State - The Shockers have potential to get on a run. I have them losing to Notre Dame in the Sweet 16, but really Wichita could win that game. The Shockers would definitely have revenge on their minds and would not at all be intimidated by the Wildcats.

Final 4
Arizona- My pick to win the whole tournament this year. They are a very very good team.

Wisconsin- Also a very good team that dominated the BIG TEN this year.

Championship
Virginia- Virginia was ranked #2 most of the season. They have also beaten UNC and Louisvile this season.

Gonzaga- Their only 2 losses were to Arizona (@Ariz and in OT) and to BYU. I have Gonzaga in my Final 4 and if they were to win and get into the national championship game, Kentucky better watch out, because the Bulldogs are way better than A&M or Ole Miss.

Others that could- Duke, Villanova, Iowa State
Long Shots (cinderellas / mid majors)- BYU, Northern Iowa

Henry

Go Cubs Go! Go Cubs Go! Hey Chicago, what do you say? The Cubs are gonna win today!

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.