News:

Thank you for your patience during the Forum downtime while we upgraded the software. Welcome back and see this thread for some new features and other changes to the forum.

Main Menu

Arizona - Flagstaff now being migrated to urban logo sign program

Started by Pink Jazz, August 26, 2015, 09:31:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pink Jazz

It looks like ADOT subsidiary Grand Canyon State Logo Signs is currently in the process of migrating Flagstaff from the rural logo sign program to the urban logo sign program.  GCSLS is already conducting competitive bids for select exits on I-17 in Flagstaff; bids for Exit 339 ended last Saturday, and starting on September 4, bids will open for Exit 337 (which currently does not have any logo signs installed).

I find it a bit surprising that GCSLS would be migrating Flagstaff over to the urban program before starting logo sign installation in the Tucson area.  It looks like several businesses will now be paying more for logo signs in the Flagstaff area, since Flagstaff has long benefited from being considered rural until recently. 

Also, I wonder if the number of logo signs will be reduced per direction, since as far as I know the urban program only allows up to two signs per direction; several exits in Flagstaff have the full four signs per direction allowed in the rural program.

I presume that the sign specifications will probably be updated to the urban standards; each panel on the mainline urban spec signs are a foot narrower, and all of the urban spec signs feature the exit number in a tab (although the newest rural spec signs do as well).

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.