News:

Thank you for your patience during the Forum downtime while we upgraded the software. Welcome back and see this thread for some new features and other changes to the forum.

Main Menu

Management decisions

Started by hbelkins, September 20, 2015, 06:37:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hbelkins

So I log on this afternoon and I get this private message, to which I cannot reply to voice my displeasure --

Quote from: AARoads Forum
hbelkins,

You have received a warning for insulting other users and/or staff members. Please cease these activities and abide by the forum rules otherwise we will take further action.

Regards,
The AARoads Forum Team.

:pan: and  :thumbdown: to whomever made that decision.

Gee thanks. I stand up to an entitled, selfish asshole who is advocating irresponsible, dangerous, reckless behavior on the highway that is illegal in 98 percent of the United States, and I get this? I would think that one of the most senior members of the online roadgeek community, who was on MTR pretty much from its inception, who has a popular website and has attended and hosted several meets, would get some leeway in dealing with a total no-name jerkoff whose picture would be beside the term "MFFY" in the dictionary.

I can see why some people have left, others have started their own forum, and others prefer an unmoderated forum. When someone who's been around as long as I have can't tell the truth and call someone out for their arrogance and ignorance without getting taken to task -- and I consider some of the mods to be friends -- then maybe it can be seen why I posted a few weeks ago that I'm thinking about taking a break from the hobby. One big reason is the number of jerks I seem to encounter -- like the one that compelled me to respond.

Two can play the reporting game. I reported him as well, more or less for being a general wanker. If he didn't get a warning also, then there is no justice in this forum.

One of the complaints I've seen is that the senior members of the hobby aren't respected. I see their point.

If one of the mods wants to discuss with me, please feel free -- but send me an email or a Facebook message. I hate the pop-up that shows up here.

Government would be tolerable if not for politicians and bureaucrats.

Rothman

I'm betting the other guy got that message, too.
Please note: All comments here represent my own personal opinion and do not reflect the official position(s) of NYSDOT.

Zeffy

HB - That is an auto generated message that occurs whenever the warn feature of SMF is used. Generally, a staff member will follow up explaining why you were warned.
Life would be boring if we didn't take an offramp every once in a while

A weird combination of a weather geek, roadgeek, car enthusiast and furry mixed with many anxiety related disorders

sdmichael

Wow. Just wow. You won't quit, will you? Knock off the personal insults and profanity already. You are the one being abusive and it needs to stop. You have no reason to be so abusive and rude. I will not tolerate it.

US71

Quote from: sdmichael on September 21, 2015, 10:10:19 AM
Wow. Just wow. You won't quit, will you? Knock off the personal insults and profanity already. You are the one being abusive and it needs to stop. I will not tolerate it.

sdmichael and hbeklins STAND DOWN, both of you. From what I have seen, you both enjoy antagonizing each other and taking gross offense at your "honor" being attacked. I no longer care who started it, but both of you seem to want the last word. Neither one of you is innocent here. Cut the bullshit , quit pointing fingers, and move on. I'm also locking this topic.
Like Alice I Try To Believe Three Impossible Things Before Breakfast

rickmastfan67

Quote from: hbelkins on September 20, 2015, 06:37:37 PM
If one of the mods wants to discuss with me, please feel free -- but send me an email or a Facebook message. I hate the pop-up that shows up here.

Just so you know, you can turn that off if you want to.

Profile -> Modify Profile -> Personal Messaging ->  Show a popup when I receive new messages

Just un-click the box for that option, and hit the 'Change Profile' button and that popup will disappear.  Then you'll have to keep an eye on the 'My Messages' text at the top to see if a '#' is there to indicate there is a new PM for you.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.