News:

Thank you for your patience during the Forum downtime while we upgraded the software. Welcome back and see this thread for some new features and other changes to the forum.

Main Menu

North Dakota County Signs

Started by M86, July 02, 2016, 04:58:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

M86

Did North Dakota do away with signing county lines?  I've traveled most of the SE quadrant of the state, and it's more not signed then is. 

SD Mapman

Wasn't really paying attention, but the SW corner seemed to have the same problem last week.
The traveler sees what he sees, the tourist sees what he has come to see. - G.K. Chesterton

M86

I've seen Clearview font county signs (Near Bismarck).

But it just seems very sporadic and rare now.

WestDakota

I've always found that differing by county, as I believe they get to determine how to handle their county roads.  There is no state standard for this that the counties have to follow.    For instance, Stark County never signed any county roads, until they decided to sign old US 10 as Stark County 10.  That's pretty much the only one with a sign in the whole county.  On the other hand, Mercer and Morton Counties have tons of signed county roads all over the place.

M86

Quote from: WestDakota on August 13, 2016, 01:11:59 AM
I've always found that differing by county, as I believe they get to determine how to handle their county roads.  There is no state standard for this that the counties have to follow.    For instance, Stark County never signed any county roads, until they decided to sign old US 10 as Stark County 10.  That's pretty much the only one with a sign in the whole county.  On the other hand, Mercer and Morton Counties have tons of signed county roads all over the place.
I'm talking about Interstates, US Highways, and State Highways signing county lines.

Example of signed: 
US 83 - Burleigh/McLean County Line
US 281 - Eddy/Foster County Line

Examples of not signed:
US 281 - Dickey/LaMoure County Line
US 2 - Ward/McHenry County Line

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.