News:

Thanks to everyone for the feedback on what errors you encountered from the forum database changes made in Fall 2023. Let us know if you discover anymore.

Main Menu

What is the most congested road(s) in your city/town?

Started by LM117, August 28, 2016, 12:01:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BigRTM

In Tampa, I would say the roads are:

Dale Mabry Hwy.
Hillsborough Ave.
Bruce B. Downs (into New Tampa)
S.R. 60 (into Brandon)

dzlsabe

Quote from: ChiMilNet on September 29, 2016, 09:50:16 PM
The Chicago area has too many to name, so I'll just stick with a few in the NW Suburbs North Cook/South Lake County..
- Lake-Cook Road - Anyone around this area knows the nightmare that is this road. Much of it is only 4 lanes, and it desperately needs to be 6 lanes minimum (though I hear there is a much needed project planned to address one of the worst sections)! Lack of a true East-West Expressway ever built in this area is a major contributing factor (another example of the poor planning that especially plagues South Central Lake County).

I have a suggestion for a "half-finished expressway" that plagues SCLC. They call it the "SPUR".

Kinda Fd they crammed all those Mcmansions there.

https://www.google.com/maps/dir/41.9687926,-87.9970683//@42.1502747,-87.8897337,2310m/data=!3m1!1e3
ILs mantra..the beatings will continue until the morale improves but Expect Delays is good too. Seems some are happy that Chicago/land remains miserable. Status quo is often asinine...Always feel free to use a dictionary as I tend to offend younger or more sensitive viewers. Thanx Pythagoras. :rofl:

ColossalBlocks

US 61 in Cape Girardeau/Scott City, Missouri is an utter clusterfuck has more commercial and suburban environments are being developed.
I am inactive for a while now my dudes. Good associating with y'all.

US Highways: 36, 49, 61, 412.

Interstates: 22, 24, 44, 55, 57, 59, 72, 74 (West).

iBallasticwolf2

I-75 in Cincinnati hands-down. It's congested at the Brent Spence Bridge all the time, has constant construction and truck traffic.  The Death Hill Area in Covington isn't much better.
Only two things are infinite in this world, stupidity, and I-75 construction

inkyatari

Easy. IL 49 from the construction zone north of I- 80 to the Illinois river.
I'm never wrong, just wildly inaccurate.

Brandon

"If you think this has a happy ending, you haven't been paying attention." - Ramsay Bolton

"Symbolic of his struggle against reality." - Reg

inkyatari

Quote from: Brandon on March 22, 2017, 12:12:52 PM
Quote from: inkyatari on March 22, 2017, 10:22:00 AM
Easy. IL 47 from the construction zone north of I- 80 to the Illinois river.

FIFY.

Oops.

I can't even use the excuse that I was on my phone for that one.
I'm never wrong, just wildly inaccurate.

Katavia

For my area, I would have to say it would be I-77 from exit 25 to exit 36. Even before the I-77 toll lane project got started, it was almost always backed up when I went up to Statesville.
(Former) pizza delivery driver with a penchant for highways.
On nearly every other online platform I go by Kurzov - Katavia is a holdover from the past.

Quillz

I think a case must be made for CA-14 during rush hour, morning and night. I was heading to Mammoth and made the mistake of getting on the 14 around 5 PM. I moved about three miles in 90 minutes.

Roadgeekteen

God-emperor of Alanland, king of all the goats and goat-like creatures

Current Interstate map I am making:

https://www.google.com/maps/d/u/0/edit?hl=en&mid=1PEDVyNb1skhnkPkgXi8JMaaudM2zI-Y&ll=29.05778059819179%2C-82.48856825&z=5

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.