News:

Thanks to everyone for the feedback on what errors you encountered from the forum database changes made in Fall 2023. Let us know if you discover anymore.

Main Menu

Illinois River crossing at Florence, IL - new study

Started by Rick Powell, September 23, 2016, 03:51:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rick Powell

Of interest in west central IL -

http://www.florencebridgestudy.com/get_involved/public_meetings.aspx

The link includes all of the public meeting materials for a meeting held on September 15 regarding the start of a new study of river crossing options for the existing lift bridge at Florence. There is a narrated presentation, aerial maps of alternatives looked at by a previous study, and other materials. Public comments are due by September 29.

Lyon Wonder

At least IDOT has 100% control over the Florence Illinois River bridge, unlike the New Harmony bridge over the Wabash River that borders IL and IN.  Both the Florence and New Harmony bridges are close to interstates, I-72 for the Illinois River Florence bridge and I-64 for the New Harmony bridge bordering IL and IN. 

inkyatari

Did anybody notice that on the general location map that they have Missouri labeled Iowa?
I'm never wrong, just wildly inaccurate.

Rick Powell

Quote from: inkyatari on October 03, 2016, 03:09:09 PM
Did anybody notice that on the general location map that they have Missouri labeled Iowa?

It's fixed now.

Rick Powell

A public hearing will be held on Thursday, December 7 in Winchester, IL from 4:30-6:30 pm, showing the remaining bridge crossing alternatives.     

http://www.florencebridgestudy.com/get_involved/public_meetings.aspx

GreenLanternCorps

Quote from: Rick Powell on October 11, 2016, 09:17:13 AM
Quote from: inkyatari on October 03, 2016, 03:09:09 PM

It's fixed now.

First order of business, build the bridge in the correct location, in the correct state...   :D

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.