News:

Thanks to everyone for the feedback on what errors you encountered from the forum database changes made in Fall 2023. Let us know if you discover anymore.

Main Menu

Kankakee Road Meet

Started by Brandon, October 28, 2016, 03:21:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Which days would be best for the Kankakee Road Meet?

Sat April 22
4 (19%)
Sat April 30
6 (28.6%)
Sat May 6
10 (47.6%)
Sat May 13 (Mother's Day Weekend)
7 (33.3%)
Sat May 20
6 (28.6%)
Sat May 27 (Memorial Day Weekend)
8 (38.1%)
Sat June 3
9 (42.9%)

Total Members Voted: 21

Brandon

I am puting together a Kankakee Road Meet for Spring 2017.  The poll for dates is above.

The meet would be at 11 am Central Time, with lunch followed by a tour.  The tour would have the following:

- Various bridges across the Kankakee River in Kankakee.
- The strange routings of IL-115 and US-45/52 through south Kankakee.
- The IL-17/I-57 interchange on the east side of Kankakee, along with one of the oldest sections of freeway in the state.
- Some old road alignments, one of which is now a local street for businesses (IL-102 & US-45/52), and another which is now partially a driveway (IL-113).
- US-45/52 in a single shield, and in multiple places.
- Illinois style unisigns!
"If you think this has a happy ending, you haven't been paying attention." - Ramsay Bolton

"Symbolic of his struggle against reality." - Reg

US 41

Awesome! I plan on making this my first meet. I wanted to go to Battle Creek, but it's too far for me to make it a one day trip unfortunately. Kankakee is definitely in my range though.

I will mention that Memorial Day weekend (May 27th) would not be a good time for me. I'm going to be in Indianapolis for the Indy 500 on Sunday and I'm pretty confident my work will not let me have an entire weekend off, especially around a holiday. All the other days should be fine for me though.
Visited States and Provinces:
USA (48)= All of Lower 48
Canada (5)= NB, NS, ON, PEI, QC
Mexico (9)= BCN, BCS, CHIH, COAH, DGO, NL, SON, SIN, TAM

CtrlAltDel

Quote from: Brandon on October 28, 2016, 03:21:06 PM
- The IL-71/I-57 interchange on the east side of Kankakee, along with one of the oldest

Do you mean IL-17?
Interstates clinched: 4, 57, 275 (IN-KY-OH), 465 (IN), 640 (TN), 985
State Interstates clinched: I-26 (TN), I-75 (GA), I-75 (KY), I-75 (TN), I-81 (WV), I-95 (NH)

Brandon

Quote from: CtrlAltDel on October 29, 2016, 02:06:19 AM
Quote from: Brandon on October 28, 2016, 03:21:06 PM
- The IL-71/I-57 interchange on the east side of Kankakee, along with one of the oldest

Do you mean IL-17?

Ugh, yes.  Fixed.
"If you think this has a happy ending, you haven't been paying attention." - Ramsay Bolton

Alps

Memorial Day weekend works best for those of us traveling more than a few hours. Then I'd even say, can the meet be on the Sunday?

codyg1985

I put my vote in for Memorial Day weekend in case I am able to come.
Cody Goodman
Huntsville, AL, United States

dvferyance

Anything but April 30th is fine for me.

A.J. Bertin

I definitely want to attend this meet. Count me in for sure.

At this point, I am open to any of the weekends you proposed. However, Cody is considering hosting a meet in late April (sorry, Cody, if I'm talking out of turn). I voted for some of the May weekends as well as the June weekend.
-A.J. from Michigan

cl94

Memorial Day weekend would definitely be the best for me, but I could do the weekend after as well. I'm purposely not going to schedule my meet that weekend because I don't want to be in a vacation destination that weekend.

I second the travel and Sunday thing. Means I wouldn't have to take much time out of the office.
Please note: All posts represent my personal opinions and do not represent those of my employer or any of its partner agencies.

Travel Mapping (updated weekly)

Roadgeek Adam

Voted for May 6 or 13 because I will be leaving IL soon after.
Adam Seth Moss
M.A. History, Western Illinois University 2015-17
B.A. History, Montclair State University 2013-15
A.A. History & Education - Middlesex (County) College 2009-13

codyg1985

Quote from: A.J. Bertin on October 31, 2016, 08:41:07 PM
I definitely want to attend this meet. Count me in for sure.

At this point, I am open to any of the weekends you proposed. However, Cody is considering hosting a meet in late April (sorry, Cody, if I'm talking out of turn). I voted for some of the May weekends as well as the June weekend.

My meet, if I have it, will most likely be in early May.
Cody Goodman

okroads

I'm good with any date proposed. It's only a five hour drive from Cbus and I've been through Kankakee just once (the day after Brandon's Joliet meet in 2012).

jpi

I voted May 6 and 20, not 100% sure but the 2 St Louis area toy shows I do may fall on the Sundays of those 2 weekends and can easily tie the 2 in like I did with Starved Rock 2 years ago.
Jason Ilyes
JPI
Lebanon, TN
Home Of The Barrel

jpi

Just got confirmation that one of the St Louis area toy shows (the bigger of the 2) is on Sunday May 7 so May 6 is my #1 pick for dates.
Jason Ilyes
JPI
Lebanon, TN
Home Of The Barrel

pianocello

I'd like to make this my first meet, but a lot will depend on timing. I voted for Memorial Day weekend and the June weekend, but I might be able to make any of the others except the 20th (graduation) work.
Davenport, IA -> Valparaiso, IN -> Ames, IA -> Orlando, FL -> Gainesville, FL -> Evansville, IN

Brandon

I have an event on May 7, so the 6th is out.  Therefore, I am aiming for May 20, May 27, or June 3.

cl94

You'll probably be able to maximize attendance if it's Memorial Day weekend. I know I won't be scheduling my meet for that weekend.
Please note: All posts represent my personal opinions and do not represent those of my employer or any of its partner agencies.

jpi

Ok, no problem about the 6th, infact there maybe a toy show in Nobelsville, IN the weekend of May 20 and that was my 2nd choice anyway.
Jason Ilyes
JPI
Lebanon, TN
Home Of The Barrel

A.J. Bertin

My vote would be for this meet to not happen on Memorial Day weekend, but if that's the chosen date, I'm sure I'd still attend. I would prefer either May 20 or June 3.
-A.J. from Michigan

inkyatari

I'm in.  Not a long drive for me.  Any weekend in May, except the 24th is good for me.  Anniversary, doncha know.
I'm never wrong, just wildly inaccurate.

codyg1985

This is one of the meets I am eyeing for this year. If I am to go, late May would be more preferable to me.
Cody Goodman

US71

May 6, 13, 20 would be best for me. 27th I have a show in Texas. 1st Choice 13th, 2nd 6th, 3rd 20th.

Give me a chance to swing by Mattoon on my way (not that anyone would remember me).

Like Alice I Try To Believe Three Impossible Things Before Breakfast

Brandon

OK, I've made my decision, after a lot of thought between two dates.  The meet will be on May 27 at 11:00 am.

cl94

I'm probably in. I do not want to be here in Albany Memorial Day weekend because of the tourists. Can't confirm until I get a research schedule for the spring.

US 41

I highly doubt I will make it up. I'm going to have too much time and money ($105 just for the ticket) invested in the Indianapolis 500 that weekend. :bigass:
Visited States and Provinces:
USA (48)= All of Lower 48
Canada (5)= NB, NS, ON, PEI, QC
Mexico (9)= BCN, BCS, CHIH, COAH, DGO, NL, SON, SIN, TAM

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.