News:

The AARoads Wiki is live! Come check it out!

Main Menu

Fukuoka Japan sinkhole

Started by GenExpwy, November 15, 2016, 04:50:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GenExpwy

kkt

Wow.  Here it takes a week just to find the person who tells you it'll take a year.

vdeane

I notice that they didn't replace the sidewalk with the original tile - they just used asphalt instead.
Please note: All comments here represent my own personal opinion and do not reflect the official position of NYSDOT or its affiliates.

kurumi

That's impressive! さすが日本 :-)

Despite stereotypes, critical fixes can get done quickly in the US as well:
* 1994: C. C. Myers replaces earthquake-damaged structures (including collapsed bridges) on I-10 in Santa Monica, CA in 3 months (article) -- "In Sacramento, Caltrans Director James van Loben Sels estimated that without the accelerated effort the project would probably have taken two years to complete."
* 2004: Acrow Corp. replaces fire-damaged I-95 overpass in Bridgeport, CT, in 6 days (article) (temporary bridge)
* 2007: C. C. Myers replaces fire-damaged I-580 overpass in MacArthur Maze, Oakland, CA, in 26 days (article) (permanent)

My first SF/horror short story collection is available: "Young Man, Open Your Winter Eye"

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.