News:

Thanks to everyone for the feedback on what errors you encountered at https://www.aaroads.com/forum/index.php?topic=33904.0
Corrected several already and appreciate your patience as we work through the rest.

Main Menu

Project Tracker Said Replace Structure:

Started by In_Correct, March 21, 2017, 12:53:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

In_Correct

What does Project Tracker mean when it says "Replace Structure"?  :confused:
Drive Safely. :sombrero: Ride Safely. And Build More Roads, Rails, And Bridges. :coffee: ... Boulevards Wear Faster Than Interstates.

jeffandnicole

In_Correct

Drive Safely. :sombrero: Ride Safely. And Build More Roads, Rails, And Bridges. :coffee: ... Boulevards Wear Faster Than Interstates.

wxfree

Just looking at the wording, I'd guess that it means they're either replacing a building, like a maintenance office or something, or, if it's a road project, replacing a bridge.  The project on RM 1111 seems to refer to replacing the bridge over Blanca Draw in Sierra Blanca.

That project is complete, but Google Maps doesn't have recent aerial photography or Street View imagery to show the new bridge.
I'd like to buy a vowel, Alex.  What is E?

DJStephens

The minor arterial heading north out of Sierra Blanca is "FM-1111" or Farm to Market route.   2011 Rand McNally shows it as gravel south of Sierra Blanca, and paved north to it's junction with US 62-180 near Salt Flat.   

In_Correct

So the reason why the span is so long is because they are going to pave the road in addition to the replaced water bridge?

I was also hoping something crazy such as building a bridge over the rail tracks because that span is long enough to suggest a bridge. And also crazy: that "replace structure" meant clearing the way for a 4 lane road.

wxfree

I was also wondering why the project was so long.  I haven't noticed that generally in bridge replacements.  Most bridge replacements are described as "at Elm Creek" or in some comparable way as applicable.  There's a similar project nearby in El Paso County with a similar length listed.  It may just be an oddity in how that district does things.

For those who haven't looked at the description, it shows a half-mile stretch of road as the project location for the replacement of a bridge that is about 150 feet long.  It's described like a paving project, from BI 10 to 0.5 miles north of BI 10 rather than the usual way bridge replacements are described.
I'd like to buy a vowel, Alex.  What is E?

NE2

Quote from: In_Correct on March 24, 2017, 03:05:14 AM
So the reason why the span is so long is because they are going to pave the road in addition to the replaced water bridge?
No. South of Sierra Blanca is (supposedly) gravel.

http://www.facebook.com/RM1111BridgeReplacementProject/

Just a boring bridge replacement. Nothing to see here, folks.
pre-1945 Florida route log

I accept and respect your identity as long as it's not dumb shit like "identifying as a vaccinated attack helicopter".

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.