News:

Thanks to everyone for the feedback on what errors you encountered from the forum database changes made in Fall 2023. Let us know if you discover anymore.

Main Menu

Has anyone here been in a TV Show or Movie?

Started by I-39, April 09, 2017, 11:02:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

I-39

Has anyone on this forum been in an TV show (excluding the news) or movie? If so, what was it like?

nexus73

Not in a show but I was a driver for a shooting of a short-lived TV series called "The Contender", which was shot in the Coos Bay OR area back in the late 70's.  Lots of overtime for that production!  Mark Harmon was the star of the show.  It took 10 days to shoot what became the pilot episode. 

Rick
US 101 is THE backbone of the Pacific coast from Bandon OR to Willits CA.  Industry, tourism and local traffic would be gone or severely crippled without it being in functioning condition in BOTH states.

1995hoo

I appeared on a local quiz show, "It's Academic," during my senior year of high school. Our team didn't win. My brother was on the same show two years later.

I've been shown many times when cameras pan the sports crowds, but that's different.
"You know, you never have a guaranteed spot until you have a spot guaranteed."
—Olaf Kolzig, as quoted in the Washington Times on March 28, 2003,
commenting on the Capitals clinching a playoff spot.

"That sounded stupid, didn't it?"
—Kolzig, to the same reporter a few seconds later.

Mapmikey

I appeared on the South Carolina version of It's Academic called the Winthrop Challenge in 1987.  We won one match then lost the second to be out of the tournament that year.

Once it got going it didn't seem any different than other academic competitions that were not televised.

jwolfer

I have been in tv commercials for 2 different practices i worked for in Orlando and Jacksonville

LGMS428

berberry

I was in Miss Firecracker back in 1989, as an extra in two different scenes. I worked on the set as a stand-in. It was a fascinating experience, and I got to meet a lot of actors, some of whom later became famous. The picture was good and is still worth seeing if you get the chance, although it didn't do big box office. All the major critics of the day liked it.

jwolfer

One of my best friends was on "Hoarding.. Burried alive"  as most of us know, the reality shows are very staged..

He was also an extra in "Undercover Diners"

LGMS428

english si

The back of me was used in some B-roll for a programme. IIRC I was in a group standing in a circle talking and they filmed an interview with us in the background and then also shot the B roll. I didn't know I had been filmed, though I knew they were filming. I took a while to work out which one was me in a 2 minute interview despite knowing I was in it within a second. To be fair, it was 6 months later.

My voice was on the news once accidentally (if you pre-record an interview and a bunch of 12 year old boys burst out the nearby changing room loudly chatting, why do you leave it in?), which was the second time it was recorded as I spent most of that day, with others in my grade, singing French songs for an accompanying tape for a learn French course two people in my class' mums were making (we spent weeks on that - I really don't know how we got away spending 90% of the school year doing an hour in the morning of academic work and then dossed about for the rest of the day doing stuff that was educational in small doses, but to great excess really wasn't. We did 10 hours of relatively informal sport on a bad week once Spring arrived - the requirement was an hour and we often spent half the week outside playing several strange hybrid games*).

*normally either loosely based on rounders or (more usually) cricket (so home and another base), often involving kicking footballs instead of bats and normally with a non-stop rule whereby the thrower gets to throw the ball at the stumps as soon as they get it, even if you aren't there to play it. We'd play two innings a side, which did often mean rolling over as 3 hours wasn't enough.

thenetwork

Besides two times being in the audience for "The Price Is Right", I have a cameo in the original "Major League" movie.  I just happened to be going to a Cleveland Indians game with some friends, and they announced at the game there were going to be crowd shots via helicopter over the stadium.  That's me about half way up the right field bleachers.   :sombrero:

akotchi

Quote from: 1995hoo on April 09, 2017, 01:19:42 PM
I appeared on a local quiz show, "It's Academic," during my senior year of high school. Our team didn't win. My brother was on the same show two years later.

I've been shown many times when cameras pan the sports crowds, but that's different.
I was on the same show during my senior year of high school as well, back in late 1982.  Similarly, our team did not win that day either.
Opinions here attributed to me are mine alone and do not reflect those of my employer or the agencies for which I am contracted to do work.

TheArkansasRoadgeek

Seems Legit!
Haven't we all?  :clap: :D :-D
Well, that's just like your opinion man...

jeffandnicole

I was in the Price is Right audience as well; 5 rows behind contestants row. This was in Bob Barker still hosted the show. You could see me and my wife every time the camera panned contestants row.

sparker

Quote from: akotchi on April 23, 2017, 08:29:04 PM

I was on the same show during my senior year of high school as well, back in late 1982.  Similarly, our team did not win that day either.

There was a similar local (L.A.) show way back when called "Scholarquiz"; I was on it with my HS team back about late '66 or early '67.  We lost as well; no big whoop, as the prize was a dictionary for each team member (in this case, duplicative!). 

TheArkansasRoadgeek

Quote from: sparker on April 23, 2017, 09:38:36 PM

There was a similar local (L.A.) show way back when called "Scholarquiz"; I was on it with my HS team back about late '66 or early '67.  We lost as well; no big whoop, as the prize was a dictionary for each team member (in this case, duplicative!).

Whooooo what an incentive! Man I could sell that Dictionary for a fortune nowadays! Hehe
Why not like a check donation or cash to the school? Weird.
Well, that's just like your opinion man...

Max Rockatansky

I did a couple interviews on radio and TV for a local community college Criminal Justice program.  For a couple years I would on occasion see it on TV on the local public access channels, I have a couple tapes of the radio program but not the TV stuff.  Basically it was some sort of show about different kinds of Criminal Justice type career field choices at the college.  I would group into infomerical territory except they did regularly change the programming up a couple times a year

bulldog1979

I appeared on our local PBS station's quiz show High School Bowl all four years of high school, as team alternate as a freshman, team member the next two years and team captain as a senior. I also appeared on the WLUC-TV's Canathon news special as a young kid at least once.

sparker

Quote from: TheArkansasRoadgeek on April 23, 2017, 11:50:27 PM
Quote from: sparker on April 23, 2017, 09:38:36 PM

Whooooo what an incentive! Man I could sell that Dictionary for a fortune nowadays! Hehe
Why not like a check donation or cash to the school? Weird.

From what I remember, the school got some money for participating in the program.  Since I wasn't involved in that aspect of the activity, I have no idea if there was a fiscal differentiation between teams that won and teams that didn't; somehow, I doubt it.  It certainly was a low-budget operation from Channel 9, which was a local independent station not affiliated with any of the (then) 3 major networks.  At least the team went to Greektown (a West Hollywood Greek restaurant; that was my idea -- I'm a quarter Greek, and grew up with the cuisine) afterward for dinner.  A shitload of dolmas after losing sort of took the edge off the whole thing!

MikeTheActuary

I paid for a year of college with the scholarship money won on two seasons of "Knowledge Bowl" in Memphis.

slorydn1

I was in a crowd scene of the movie "Running Scared" where the camera catches the Jesus Saves sign and then pans down to the 2 actors as they walk down the street discussing their next plan of action. There was a crowd of us walking down the street behind them I was in that group. You really can't see me but I was there.

Too bad the OP excluded the news. When I still a young pup running volunteer EMS there was a call where a single engine plane ditched in the Neuse River. TV crew got a great shot of my rear end as I bent over the stretcher tending to my very wet but pretty much uninjured patient.

Oh yeah and I have been in a TV commercial, back when Bev Purdue ran for Governor in 2008 there is a quick shot of me pointing to my computer screen at work as she listens intently to whatever I was saying (it was one of those tough on crime spots where there were quick snippets of Bev interacting with various members of the public safety community in different settings). 45 minutes of filming for about 1 second of air time.
Please Note: All posts represent my personal opinions and do not represent those of any governmental agency, non-governmental agency, quasi-governmental agency or wanna be governmental agency

Counties: Counties Visited

hbelkins

Back in the 1980s, WLEX-TV out of Lexington did a documentary series called "Kentucky Life in ______ County." I appeared in features on both Lee and Breathitt counties as an employee of the newspapers there.

"The news" doesn't count here, which excludes my dozens of television interviews over the years, but I did a 30-minute "Issues and Answers" on WYMT-TV from Hazard last December. The show was about winter weather preparations and I co-starred with a National Weather Service meteorologist with whom I've worked on a lot of projects the last few years.

I'm still trying to figure out how someone as non-photogenic as I am got hired as an agency spokesman.

Government would be tolerable if not for politicians and bureaucrats.

inkyatari

My sister was a contestant on Who Wants to be A Millionaire, and got pretty far.
I'm never wrong, just wildly inaccurate.

allniter89

Quote from: hbelkins on April 25, 2017, 12:11:45 PM
Back in the 1980s, WLEX-TV out of Lexington did a documentary series called "Kentucky Life in ______ County." I appeared in features on both Lee and Breathitt counties as an employee of the newspapers there.

"The news" doesn't count here, which excludes my dozens of television interviews over the years, but I did a 30-minute "Issues and Answers" on WYMT-TV from Hazard last December. The show was about winter weather preparations and I co-starred with a National Weather Service meteorologist with whom I've worked on a lot of projects the last few years.

I'm still trying to figure out how someone as non-photogenic as I am got hired as an agency spokesman.
nobody else wanted to do it :bigass:
BUY AMERICAN MADE.
SPEED SAFELY.

Scott5114

I was interviewed for a local news story on the open house ODOT had before they demolished the old I-40 Crosstown. I said something stupid about how I was still reluctant to walk in the lanes even with the bridge being closed, the camera guy laughed, and of course that was the part they used.
uncontrollable freak sardine salad chef

ColossalBlocks

I was an extra in a TV show being shot by KMOV in St Louis. But that was when I lived back in Missouri.
I am inactive for a while now my dudes. Good associating with y'all.

US Highways: 36, 49, 61, 412.

Interstates: 22, 24, 44, 55, 57, 59, 72, 74 (West).

DandyDan

I was never on TV, but when I lived with my parents in the Omaha suburbs, their house was used to shoot a commercial for siding.
MORE FUN THAN HUMANLY THOUGHT POSSIBLE

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.