News:

Needing some php assistance with the script on the main AARoads site. Please contact Alex if you would like to help or provide advice!

Main Menu

Bridges you have been on but not clinched

Started by jeffandnicole, May 16, 2017, 03:32:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jeffandnicole

Usually when you are on a bridge, you go from one side to the other.  Pretty basic stuff.

But...what bridges have you been on that you have never completed crossing to the other side?  Examples would include stopping midway to use a fishing pier, then turning around the same way you entered.  Or in the case of the Chesapeake Bay Bridge Tunnel - you entered the bridge to go to the restaurant, then turned around.  Or maybe you were walking and only walked part of the bridge.  Or, you were traveling on it, crashed thru the guardrail, and flew off onto the ground below! (Hey, it happens! :D)

Any type of method you used to access the bridge counts (vehicle, bicycle, pedestrian, etc).

intelati49

I was going to say I don't think I have. But there's one bridge here in Springfield that has a path going over it when the path wasn't completed yet. I'm pretty sure that's the only bridge that I haven't touched both landings to.

english si

A couple of months ago, I could say the Rotherhithe Tunnel (I know it's a tunnel), but I clinched it recently.

There might be a couple of bridges over the Liffey (main river in Dublin), but I think I crossed every one I went partway across to take photos before coming back.

Otherwise it's literally this footbridge, which I went partway across to get a picture of I-10.

hotdogPi

Clinched, plus MA 286

Traveled, plus several state routes

Lowest untraveled: 25 (updated from 14)

New clinches: MA 286
New traveled: MA 14, MA 123

sbeaver44

Walnut St Bridge in Harrisburg, PA due to the closure and missing span west of City Island

Pont de Rennes in Rochester, NY (I think I only walked part of it)

Nexus 6P

GaryV

Kinzua Bridge in PA - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kinzua_Bridge

I've clinched it because I was there before the tornado.  But my wife went with me a few years ago, so she didn't clinch it.  She didn't even clinch the part remaining, because she doesn't like heights and she turned back.

(Cross-reference this to the State Parks thread.)

Max Rockatansky

The old Seven Mile Bridge in the Florida Keys.  I've done the 2.3 mile segment to the gap at Pigeon Key but not the segment on the western side.  The middle segment is literally impossible to get to unless you find a way to climb up there from the water.

tdindy88

I've been on a small part of the Brooklyn Bridge. However I am visiting New York next week so by this time next week I should have this clinched.

jp the roadgeek

Quote from: Max Rockatansky on May 16, 2017, 09:23:16 PM
The old Seven Mile Bridge in the Florida Keys.  I've done the 2.3 mile segment to the gap at Pigeon Key but not the segment on the western side.  The middle segment is literally impossible to get to unless you find a way to climb up there from the water.

I actually did when I was young (1982).  Went over both the old and new bridge as a kid going to Key West from my grandparents' house. 

Brooklyn Bridge also for me.  Took 3 steps then decided I didn't have enough time to cross back and forth.

But this thread makes me think of this:

https://youtu.be/eGu2camh0WA?t=1m30s
Interstates I've clinched: 97, 290 (MA), 291 (CT), 291 (MA), 293, 295 (DE-NJ-PA), 295 (RI-MA), 384, 391, 395 (CT-MA), 395 (MD), 495 (DE), 610 (LA), 684, 691, 695 (MD), 695 (NY), 795 (MD)

Sykotyk

The Y bridge in Zanesville, Ohio. Only been on two legs of it. So, that might count.

plain

Newark born, Richmond bred

empirestate

As a pedestrian, the GWB. (Clinched it many times as a motorist, of course!) Also the Kinzua Bridge, as described above.

And depending on what counts as a "clinch", certainly there are any number of multi-level bridges where I've been on one deck but not the other.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.