News:

Thank you for your patience during the Forum downtime while we upgraded the software. Welcome back and see this thread for some new features and other changes to the forum.

Main Menu

What is the speed limit of the road you live on?

Started by US 89, June 21, 2017, 08:09:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

What is the speed limit of the road you live on?

Less than 20
70 or higher
Other

Buck87

riiga

xcellntbuy

Quote from: allniter89 on June 21, 2017, 07:45:34 PM
Quote from: xcellntbuy on June 21, 2017, 05:48:04 PM
GA 212 55 mph on the edge of the Oconee National Forest.  More deer and trees than cars at any time.
Sounds like heaven to me.
Not posted for me, its a private dirt road not even wide enough for 2 cars to pass. There are only 5 residences on the road, I was 1st here & alone for 9 yrs them civilization found me ;-). Nearest paved road we use to access our property is signed 25 & largely ignored.
Thank you.  It is heaven.  My little kingdom.  Bought the property just before Christmas last year.  Peace and quiet.  Neighbors are way, way in the back beyond my wooded section.

DandyDan

It's 25 on the street my address is on, but 35 on the state highway outside my bedroom window.
MORE FUN THAN HUMANLY THOUGHT POSSIBLE

catsynth

I live on a small alley with a dead end in downtown SF so we keep it pretty slow: 5-10MPH.  There is no posted sign, though.
http://www.catsynth.com
Highway☆ App for iOS
Highway☆ App for Android

Completed 2di: I-80, I-87 (NY), I-84 (E), I-86 (E), I-97, I-44

jakeroot

Quote from: catsynth on June 25, 2017, 06:32:12 PM
I live on a small alley with a dead end in downtown SF so we keep it pretty slow: 5-10MPH.  There is no posted sign, though.

The back entrance to my house is from an alley (and its usually where I park). There is also no posted speed limit, so it's 25. But doing 25, on what is at most a single-track road, with garages right on top of it, feels like a blistering pace. I keep it in first gear most of the time.

Just today I was leaving, going about 10 mph, when four kids rode out of a garage on bikes. Thankfully I was going slow enough that I could stop on a dime; anything more than 20 mph, and I'm sure I would have hit them, or at least bumped them.

Darkchylde

25. The sightlines are trash due to a hill, though, so it could actually stand to be lower.

hm insulators

Quote from: thenetwork on June 22, 2017, 03:16:01 PM
Quote from: roadman65 on June 21, 2017, 08:43:49 AM

I am not saying this applies to all people, but to MANY people --

"The bigger their pickup truck the smaller their brain"  and,...
"The bigger and louder their custom tailpipes, the smaller their private parts".

I love it! I love it!  :-D :-D :spin: :spin: :clap: :clap: :clap:
Remember: If the women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy.

I'd rather be a child of the road than a son of a ditch.

At what age do you tell a highway that it's been adopted?

hm insulators

Quote from: wxfree on June 22, 2017, 11:42:02 PM
Mine is 0.00016104581257 light seconds per hour.  It's unsigned and is the state default for an urban street in Texas.

In other words, don't hold your  breath waiting for the Starship Enterprise to come barreling through your neighborhood. :)

My street, the speed limit is 35 miles per hour, although 30 would probably be safer.
Remember: If the women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy.

I'd rather be a child of the road than a son of a ditch.

At what age do you tell a highway that it's been adopted?

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.