News:

The AARoads Wiki is live! Come check it out!

Main Menu

New Braunfels Lighting

Started by jcn, June 22, 2017, 10:04:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jcn

I heard that back in the early 2000's, the lights along I-35 in San Angelo and New Braunfels used a mixture of mercury vapor and high pressure sodium lights.  While I know the lights in San Angelo now use LED lighting, I'm curious to know, do the I-35 lights in New Braunfels still use a mixture of HPS and Mercury Vapor, especially given the fact that I noticed that all the refractors aren't the same.

Brian556

Since when did I-35 go through San Angelo?

jcn

Quote from: Brian556 on June 23, 2017, 12:10:30 AM
Since when did I-35 go through San Angelo?

Oops, I meant San Marcos.

Marc

All the old lights were removed when I-35 was widened through New Braunfels in the mid-2000s. I believe there is only sodium vapes through there now. If I recall correctly, the old lights were placed on the outsides of the roadway whereas the new lights are placed along the median barrier.

jcn

Quote from: Marc on July 04, 2017, 01:05:13 AM
All the old lights were removed when I-35 was widened through New Braunfels in the mid-2000s. I believe there is only sodium vapes through there now. If I recall correctly, the old lights were placed on the outsides of the roadway whereas the new lights are placed along the median barrier.

Thanks for telling me, Marc.  Given the fact that they put up new lights in the mid-2000s, I would assume they all would use sodium vapor.  I have another question, in regards to the old lights, were the refractors on the lights different from each other as well?

Marc

Can't say I remember that much about that stretch, unfortunately. But I do remember the fixtures themselves were this style:

Henry

Go Cubs Go! Go Cubs Go! Hey Chicago, what do you say? The Cubs are gonna win today!

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.