News:

Thank you for your patience during the Forum downtime while we upgraded the software. Welcome back and see this thread for some new features and other changes to the forum.

Main Menu

Electra TX Using 18-Inch STOP Signs on Streets

Started by Brian556, June 24, 2017, 04:40:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Big John

cjk374

It has been MANY years since I have seen stop signs that small.
Runnin' roads and polishin' rails.

Brian556

Quote from cjk374:
QuoteIt has been MANY years since I have seen stop signs that small.

I see 18 inch stop signs all the time on bike trails. That's the only legal use for them.

intelati49

A short necro, but man. I would have blown right past that sign if I didn't know it was there...

txstateends

I can't get over how amazingly cheap and homemade-looking that assembly is..... much less the microscopic stop sign.
\/ \/ click for a bigger image \/ \/

Brian556

Quote from texasstateends:
QuoteI can't get over how amazingly cheap and homemade-looking that assembly is..... much less the microscopic stop sign

That's nothing. when I visited Ranger, TX in the late 90's, they had wood street name signs with the letters stenciled on. Totally non-reflective.

lepidopteran

If a standard STOP sign is 30", how large are those oversized STOP signs you sometimes see at a high-volume intersection "where a traffic signal ought to be, but isn't"?  These signs are big enough that they call for 2 support posts, typically with one on each end, though you might rarely see that on (mostly older) standard-sized STOP signs.

Big John

Quote from: lepidopteran on July 14, 2017, 12:38:11 AM
If a standard STOP sign is 30", how large are those oversized STOP signs you sometimes see at a high-volume intersection "where a traffic signal ought to be, but isn't"?  These signs are big enough that they call for 2 support posts, typically with one on each end, though you might rarely see that on (mostly older) standard-sized STOP signs.
36" on multi-lane roads or expressways up to 48".  https://mutcd.fhwa.dot.gov/htm/2009/part2/part2b.htm

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.