Inkscape bug where you cannot select object

Started by Brian556, June 29, 2017, 07:51:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brian556

Sometimes, in Inkscape, when you attempt to select an object, the layer name will change to a number, the other layer names will change to a smaller text size, and the object will become unselectable from then on. This is happening when I am placing highway shields on my maps

Any ideas on how to solve this?

rickmastfan67

Never have heard of this error.

Maybe you'd want to post about it here: https://launchpad.net/inkscape

NE2

Probably memory issues.

Try asking on an Inkscape forum. Duh.
pre-1945 Florida route log

I accept and respect your identity as long as it's not dumb shit like "identifying as a vaccinated attack helicopter".

Scott5114

Quote from: Brian556 on June 29, 2017, 07:51:27 PM
Sometimes, in Inkscape, when you attempt to select an object, the layer name will change to a number, the other layer names will change to a smaller text size, and the object will become unselectable from then on. This is happening when I am placing highway shields on my maps

Any ideas on how to solve this?

It sounds as if you are entering a group (as the layer selector will show the group's object number when you enter a group). If you import a file into an Inkscape document, it will import all of the objects into the file as a grouped object. If you double click on a group, you will then be "inside" it and can only select items inside of the group.

Try pressing ESC a few times to exit the group and see if that "fixes" it.
uncontrollable freak sardine salad chef

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.