News:

Thank you for your patience during the Forum downtime while we upgraded the software. Welcome back and see this thread for some new features and other changes to the forum.

Main Menu

AHTD Rest Areas

Started by US71, June 29, 2017, 08:02:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

US71

AHTD/ARDOT has had several Rest Areas closed so they could be upgraded to travel info centers. I stopped at one today just west of Russellville along I-40. The restrooms are more spacious with the "latest" technology (motion detector commodes, motion detector hand dryers), but the travel info is self service: there are 2 info kiosks in the lobby , plus a big screen TV that I'm assuming with have road reports or weather info. None of it is working yet, however.  So you can make a "pit stop", or buy a drink from the vending machine ($$), but no traveler info yet.
Like Alice I Try To Believe Three Impossible Things Before Breakfast

bugo

It's great that Arkansas' highways are in such terrific shape that AHTD can spend all the excess money they have on things like these rest areas.

rte66man

Quote from: bugo on June 30, 2017, 08:21:09 AM
It's great that Arkansas' highways are in such terrific shape that AHTD can spend all the excess money they have on things like these rest areas.

At least they have some on the interior areas of the interstates.  I guess they could imitate Oklahoma and only have them at the entrance points.
When you come to a fork in the road... TAKE IT.

-Yogi Berra

TheArkansasRoadgeek

Oh! I thought they were keeling over... Like we didn't have funding for any of them anymore. Is that not the case? There are a few on I-40 that must actually be deemed closed for business. But, that is nice to know that they are in fact upgrading some still. :clap:
Well, that's just like your opinion man...

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.