News:

The AARoads Wiki is live! Come check it out!

Main Menu

I-69 Ohio River Bridge

Started by truejd, August 05, 2010, 10:32:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

inkyatari

Quote from: mvak36 on March 27, 2017, 08:55:11 AM
Quote from: inkyatari on March 27, 2017, 08:54:06 AM
Quote from: mvak36 on March 27, 2017, 08:42:01 AM

I have an IPass and that's what I do with mine when I get a rental car. By the way, where does one get these suction cup mounts? From Amazon/EBay/etc.,?

I think you can get them from any Jewel Osco store or the Illinois tollway office, off of I-88

Actually I don't live in Illinois. I just got the IPass because I visit Chicago often.

ha.  The Cubs logo threw me off.

Longtime Cubs fan in the SW suburbs here.
I'm never wrong, just wildly inaccurate.

mvak36

Quote from: inkyatari on March 27, 2017, 08:56:59 AM

I have an IPass and that's what I do with mine when I get a rental car. By the way, where does one get these suction cup mounts? From Amazon/EBay/etc.,?

I think you can get them from any Jewel Osco store or the Illinois tollway office, off of I-88

Actually I don't live in Illinois. I just got the IPass because I visit Chicago often.

Actually that's the reason I visit Chicago so much :D
Counties: Counties visited
Travel Mapping: Summary

silverback1065

INDOT released their stip report, and 69 ohio river bridge is on it, well the new roadway approach it appears. http://www.in.gov/indot/3132.htm

GreenLanternCorps

Quote from: silverback1065 on March 27, 2017, 11:09:06 AM
INDOT released their stip report, and 69 ohio river bridge is on it, well the new roadway approach it appears. http://www.in.gov/indot/3132.htm

Which page?  There are like 291 unsortable pages in the spreadsheet! :-o

silverback1065

Quote from: GreenLanternCorps on March 27, 2017, 11:32:39 AM

ctrl+f and type in the county, use vanderburgh. 

GreenLanternCorps

Quote from: silverback1065 on March 27, 2017, 11:34:30 AM
Quote from: GreenLanternCorps on March 27, 2017, 11:32:39 AM

ctrl+f and type in the county, use vanderburgh.

I knew there had to be a secret, I did not think you went through every page.

(I don't use PDFs that often where I would need to search them.)

silverback1065

It's not very easy to search honestly. But about the list, I skimmed Marion and Vanderburgh and not a whole lot of big stuff. Just maintenance really.

Henry

Quote from: mvak36 on March 27, 2017, 09:04:52 AM
Quote from: inkyatari on March 27, 2017, 08:56:59 AM

Actually that's the reason I visit Chicago so much :D
Welcome to the club! I may live in Seattle now, but I'm still a Cubs fan through and through :)
Go Cubs Go! Go Cubs Go! Hey Chicago, what do you say? The Cubs are gonna win today!

abqtraveler

Quote from: silverback1065 on March 27, 2017, 12:43:23 PM
It's not very easy to search honestly. But about the list, I skimmed Marion and Vanderburgh and not a whole lot of big stuff. Just maintenance really.

There is a line for "PR-69" (which is how INDOT refers to unbuilt sections of I-69) for the Ohio River Bridge approaches, but it appears the STIP entry is for engineering and design, not for construction. 
2-d Interstates traveled:  4, 5, 8, 10, 15, 20, 24, 25, 27, 29, 35, 39, 40, 41, 43, 45, 49, 55, 57, 64, 65, 66, 69, 70, 71, 72, 74, 75, 76(E), 77, 78, 81, 83, 84(W), 85, 87(N), 89, 90, 91, 93, 94, 95

2-d Interstates Clinched:  12, 22, 30, 37, 44, 59, 80, 84(E), 86(E), 238, H1, H2, H3, H201

hbelkins

Quote from: hbelkins on March 25, 2017, 03:20:14 PM
Quote from: Captain Jack on March 25, 2017, 11:13:04 AM
Getting a prepay pass living in Evansville doesn't seem all that practical, and I am not sure how you could transfer that to a rental anyway.

I don't live anywhere near a toll facility. Closest ones to me are the new Louisville bridges (which I rarely cross) and the West Virginia Turnpike (which I don't use all that often). Regardless, I still have an E-ZPass (issued by the WV Turnpike) and transferring it to a rental is fairly easy. All i would have to do, once I acquired the rental, would be to log onto their website and enter the license plate number. Then when I turned the rental in, go back and remove that plate number from my list of vehicles.

As for mounting, you can get suction cup mounts that stick to the windshield that eliminate the need for the little Velcro strips.

Got mine off eBay.

Government would be tolerable if not for politicians and bureaucrats.

silverback1065

Quote from: abqtraveler on March 28, 2017, 01:13:38 PM
Quote from: silverback1065 on March 27, 2017, 12:43:23 PM

There is a line for "PR-69" (which is how INDOT refers to unbuilt sections of I-69) for the Ohio River Bridge approaches, but it appears the STIP entry is for engineering and design, not for construction.

sounds like they're calling it "paper relocate 69"

NE2

pre-1945 Florida route log

I accept and respect your identity as long as it's not dumb shit like "identifying as a vaccinated attack helicopter".

sparker

Educated guess: "PR-69" indicates PReliminary I-69 activities (determining exact alignment, searching property titles for land to be acquired, whittling down cost estimates, jurisdictional coordination etc.).  S.O.P.; nothing unexpected to be seen here!

GreenLanternCorps

Grzrd

Quote from: silverback1065 on January 27, 2017, 09:58:16 AM
wow 10 yrs

This article reports that groundbreaking could take place for the I-69 Ohio River Bridge in as soon as three years:

During the question and answer portion of the breakfast, Caleb May, director of the Henderson County Public Library district, asked about the timeline for the I-69 bridge project.
"Groundbreaking for the project is three to five years," said Judge-executive Brad Schneider, who is also a member of BridgeLink. "Don't let the talk of different routes distract you. By the end of this calendar year, you're going to see tremendous progress toward the environmental impact study and you'll hear about public hearings."

sparker

Quote from: Grzrd on April 04, 2017, 02:42:48 PM
Quote from: silverback1065 on January 27, 2017, 09:58:16 AM
wow 10 yrs

This article reports that groundbreaking could take place for the I-69 Ohio River Bridge in as soon as three years:

During the question and answer portion of the breakfast, Caleb May, director of the Henderson County Public Library district, asked about the timeline for the I-69 bridge project.
"Groundbreaking for the project is three to five years," said Judge-executive Brad Schneider, who is also a member of BridgeLink. "Don't let the talk of different routes distract you. By the end of this calendar year, you're going to see tremendous progress toward the environmental impact study and you'll hear about public hearings."

Now that I-69 signage is posted along both facilities north and south of the proposed bridge site, it's likely that pressure to advance the crossing will come from not only the local region but from the trucking sector as well; Indianapolis-Memphis via I-69 (and, for the time being, US 51 south of Dyersburg, TN) only requires two POE stops (KY, TN) rather than 4 (IL, MO, AR, TN) via I-70/57/55 (not counting any pre-clearance arrangements).  That portion of the I-69 compendium actually makes sense as a largely direct route that avoids major (sorry, Evansville!) metro congestion points. 

Grzrd

Quote from: Grzrd on April 04, 2017, 02:42:48 PM
This article

INDOT and KYTC have taken the first step toward engaging the public by setting up a website,
https://i69ohiorivercrossing.com/
through which one can sign up for information newsletters, etc. It also has information about upcoming public information hearings in Henderson and Evansville.

Henry

Go Cubs Go! Go Cubs Go! Hey Chicago, what do you say? The Cubs are gonna win today!

mvak36

I was browsing the project website today and saw that they had an open house today about the upcoming environmental process. Here are the links to the presentation and meeting handout. Page 2 of the handout contains the range of alternatives under study for the bridges.
Counties: Counties visited
Travel Mapping: Summary

silverback1065

i didn't realize the west corridor was being considered.  I like the east corridor, but i doubt this will be picked, it will require another bridge over the green river, plus henderson would likely get pissed. 

codyg1985

Quote from: silverback1065 on April 19, 2017, 07:49:34 AM
i didn't realize the west corridor was being considered.  I like the east corridor, but i doubt this will be picked, it will require another bridge over the green river, plus henderson would likely get pissed. 

If the West Corridor is considered, then that means that in the end there would (more than likely) still be only one Ohio River crossing. I hope that it doesn't get selected.
Cody Goodman
Huntsville, AL, United States

silverback1065

best case scenario is they have 2 crossings, and all 4 bridges (assuming 69 will be twin bridges) would be brand new. 

Life in Paradise

In reviewing the proposals, it appeared that all of the options included building a new bridge across the Ohio River.  The two west options would apparently bulldoze over quite a lot of residential area just west of the current Highway 41 strip in Henderson.  I'm not sure what the plan for the existing bridges are with those proposals.  I just can't see any way that they leave a 75 and 50 year old bridge running a new interstate, plus you have access to Ellis Park that would need to be addressed for some.

The far eastern proposal gets everything out of the way of Henderson, but uses a lot of new territory in Kentucky.  It would also require Indiana to renumber I-69's exits.  For instance, Lloyd Expressway is currently Exit 7; it would have to change to Exit 3 or Exit 4.  (That's not a big, big deal, but would require repositioning about 2000 mileage posts (10 per mile each way).  It also would require bulldozing through a couple of subdivisions south of the current interstate and adjacent to Angel Mounds, which the interstate would have to avoid.

I think the center option is the best in which the road goes around the Audubon Park, east and south east of US 60 and then connects in with US 41 north of the Zion Road exit.  I would also pay a few extra bucks to give the road the width to have 3 lanes in both directions.  I could see a need for that in the future, and it would cost much less to do it now than in the future, but of course, this is Indiana, and they don't look ahead.

Georgia

Quote from: silverback1065 on April 19, 2017, 08:12:01 AM
best case scenario is they have 2 crossings, and all 4 bridges (assuming 69 will be twin bridges) would be brand new.

you think they would honestly spend the money on 4 new bridges in the current climate?

silverback1065

Quote from: Georgia on April 19, 2017, 08:23:55 PM
Quote from: silverback1065 on April 19, 2017, 08:12:01 AM

you think they would honestly spend the money on 4 new bridges in the current climate?

no that's why i said best case scenario, what will happen is just one bridge for 69, and 41 will fall apart.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.