News:

Thanks to everyone for the feedback on what errors you encountered from the forum database changes made in Fall 2023. Let us know if you discover anymore.

Main Menu

I-265 Ohio River Bridge

Started by mgk920, March 06, 2012, 11:50:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mdthomas8368

Quote from: ukfan758 on April 13, 2017, 12:35:05 AM
After traveling on this several times I can't help but notice that the cops seem to love this new section of freeway for speed enforcement. I have seen them hide out frequently beside the Port Road overpass in the median as well as the Old Salem Road onramps. It really should be 65mph considering it's in a semi-rural environment, as the majority of drivers treat it, but the cops are taking advantage of the slow 55mph limit.
Has been this way even before the reconstruction.  Wife received an Indiana welcoming package (ticket) 10 years ago for 67 in this stretch. 

silverback1065

Quote from: mdthomas8368 on June 27, 2017, 10:02:04 PM
Quote from: ukfan758 on April 13, 2017, 12:35:05 AM
After traveling on this several times I can't help but notice that the cops seem to love this new section of freeway for speed enforcement. I have seen them hide out frequently beside the Port Road overpass in the median as well as the Old Salem Road onramps. It really should be 65mph considering it's in a semi-rural environment, as the majority of drivers treat it, but the cops are taking advantage of the slow 55mph limit.
Has been this way even before the reconstruction.  Wife received an Indiana welcoming package (ticket) 10 years ago for 67 in this stretch.

this is Indiana, where they under post just about every urban speed limit.  465 and most highways in urban areas are 55 for some reason.  everyone knows the real speed limit is 70.  you just need to remember where they like to hide.  the only justified urban speed limits are the 50 mph posted on 65 and 70 downtown, due to the curves. 

hbelkins

Quote from: cabiness42 on June 27, 2017, 03:37:33 PM
I have not seen anything on the news locally regarding getting IN-265 from I-65 to the bridge and KY 841 from the bridge to I-71 signed as I-265.  Does anybody have any info on this process?

I guess Indiana and Kentucky will have to make a joint application to AASHTO/FHWA.

Government would be tolerable if not for politicians and bureaucrats.

GreenLanternCorps

Quote from: hbelkins on June 28, 2017, 01:35:13 PM
Quote from: cabiness42 on June 27, 2017, 03:37:33 PM
I have not seen anything on the news locally regarding getting IN-265 from I-65 to the bridge and KY 841 from the bridge to I-71 signed as I-265.  Does anybody have any info on this process?

I guess Indiana and Kentucky will have to make a joint application to AASHTO/FHWA.

You would think they would have done this by now.  I'm pretty sure it would not get turned down...

ATLRedSoxFan

Yeah, you would have thought it would have been done by now, considering that was the entire objective, to connect the two I-265's in the first place.

Henry

My guess is that both state DOTs involved will have to file a joint application for that.
Go Cubs Go! Go Cubs Go! Hey Chicago, what do you say? The Cubs are gonna win today!

GreenLanternCorps

Could someone explain to me why Kentucky submitted and application to AASHTO to get I-165 created after additional construction, but neither Indiana or Kentucky could submit an application to fill in the gaps between the two halves of I-265 that already have an interstate standard road between them???

:banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

silverback1065

Quote from: GreenLanternCorps on November 01, 2017, 09:37:44 AM
Could someone explain to me why Kentucky submitted and application to AASHTO to get I-165 created after additional construction, but neither Indiana or Kentucky could submit an application to fill in the gaps between the two halves of I-265 that already have an interstate standard road between them???

it would have made sense to do that, so they didn't do it.  :spin:

hbelkins

Quote from: GreenLanternCorps on November 01, 2017, 09:37:44 AM

No political points to be scored there, I guess.

Moose

All is not well.

Multiple posts on the Riverlink page of
Inaccurate crossing records
Waiting to send out the invoices until MONTHS later, then charging copious late fees. Particularly for non Indiana and non Kentucky people.
Multiple invoices for paid tolls.
And they claim it will take until 2053 to pay off the bridges.......

Yeah I wouldn't be supervised to find out later of some major corruption charges.

https://www.facebook.com/RiverLinkTolls/?hc_ref=ARRbnUqi9C8cUrMf_GBYlYKS6_A90vc_nhuV86lqsWL0-H7rt5BQTZdDYYEjTzDkmtY&fref=nf

They may or may not be cleaning off the comments on that page.

GreenLanternCorps

Quote from: Moose on January 30, 2018, 06:29:35 PM
All is not well.

Waiting to send out the invoices until MONTHS later, then charging copious late fees. Particularly for non Indiana and non Kentucky people.

Yeah I wouldn't be supervised to find out later of some major corruption charges.

https://www.facebook.com/RiverLinkTolls/?hc_ref=ARRbnUqi9C8cUrMf_GBYlYKS6_A90vc_nhuV86lqsWL0-H7rt5BQTZdDYYEjTzDkmtY&fref=nf

Are there any news reports on this or just comments on Facebook?

I don't have a Face book account and can't get to the page linked.

Moose

Quote from: GreenLanternCorps on January 31, 2018, 01:22:39 PM
Quote from: Moose on January 30, 2018, 06:29:35 PM
All is not well.

Are there any news reports on this or just comments on Facebook?

I don't have a Face book account and can't get to the page linked.

This article hints at some of the problems.
https://www.bizjournals.com/louisville/news/2018/01/26/after-nearly-30-million-crossings-in-2017.html
"The tolling system came under scrutiny in its first year for delays in invoices as well as incorrect invoices. The system also has wrestled with lengthy call-waiting times."

https://www.theindychannel.com/news/call-6-investigators/tolling-company-adding-reps-to-offer-new-payment-options-amid-customer-criticism

jnewkirk77

I put $20 in an account when the bridges opened and got transponders for the wife's car and my own.  We don't go to the Louisville area all that often, but we go enough that it was worth doing.  And I've been properly charged each time, on time.  I get an email telling me how much came out, which car went across, etc. every month.

hbelkins

I've been on the bridges since they were tolled. No issues with my WV E-ZPass account.

AsphaltPlanet

I drove both new bridges with a rental car back in June, and I never got a bill mailed to me.  My vehicle had Ontario plates on it, so it's possible that the tolling agency doesn't have access to the vehicle owner's registration information.
AsphaltPlanet.ca  Youtube -- Opinions expressed reflect the viewpoints of others.

tidecat

Drove through yesterday, and Placarded Hazmat is still prohibited from using the tunnel in both directions.
Clinched: I-264 (KY), I-265 (KY), I-359 (AL), I-459 (AL), I-865 (IN)

hbelkins

Quote from: tidecat on February 04, 2018, 10:47:59 PM
Drove through yesterday, and Placarded Hazmat is still prohibited from using the tunnel in both directions.

They had an issue with the fire suppression system during that cold snap right after Christmas.

thefro

Quote from: hbelkins on February 02, 2018, 11:24:06 AM
I've been on the bridges since they were tolled. No issues with my WV E-ZPass account.

I'm sure E-Z Pass works fine.  Guessing the issues would be with the non E-ZPass vehicles.

seicer

Which it shouldn't be an issue. I was giving it the benefit of the doubt, but it really is just a major screw up with the agency. This is ripe for lawsuits because people are not being billed properly, and when they are being billed, it is very much inflated with "late" fees and other surcharges. Can you imagine if this happened on the Mass Pike after their high-speed lanes were implemented?

Moose

You know I was thinking....I have an old army truck (stay with me here as I explain)

In Indiana we can use the military vehicle registration number in lieu of the plate. They give us a plate too, but we don't have to display it.

So if I took that Army truck, and drove it back and forth across the bridges all day. Would Riverlink try and charge the army? LOL

Avalanchez71

Avalanchez71

I wonder if the Google car has an EZ Pass.  Anyone know if they do?

silverback1065

INDOT Is researching a "heavy truck haul corridor" in the area, other than the obvious, I'm not sure what that means.  (new state road, or just an upgrade to existing roads and slap some truck route signs on it  :hmmm:).  Also, SR 265 (For some reason it still exists) will be signed as part of the Ohio River Scenic Byway soon, if the committee approves it at their next meeting. 

NWI_Irish96

I have no idea what the holdup is in getting IN 265/KY 861 designated as I-265 between I-65 and I-71. 
Indiana: counties 100%, highways 100%
Illinois: counties 100%, highways 61%
Michigan: counties 100%, highways 56%
Wisconsin: counties 86%, highways 23%

Moose

I wonder now how they handle rental cars.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.