News:

Thank you for your patience during the Forum downtime while we upgraded the software. Welcome back and see this thread for some new features and other changes to the forum.

Main Menu

What Happened to BipRoads?

Started by Brandon, October 04, 2015, 09:49:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brandon

I went to the favorite I have marked for BipRoads, and noticed the site is down.  :confused:
"If you think this has a happy ending, you haven't been paying attention." - Ramsay Bolton, "Game of Thrones"

"Symbolic of his struggle against reality." - Reg, "Monty Python's Life of Brian"

bandit957

Quote from: Brandon on October 04, 2015, 09:49:11 PM
I went to the favorite I have marked for BipRoads, and noticed the site is down.  :confused:

It was hacked, and temporarily knocked offline.

We'll have it back up and running very soon.
Might as well face it, pooing is cool

SteveG1988

I farted in its general direction
Roads Clinched

I55,I82,I84(E&W)I88(W),I87(N),I81,I64,I74(W),I72,I57,I24,I65,I59,I12,I71,I77,I76(E&W),I70,I79,I85,I86(W),I27,I16,I97,I96,I43,I41,

NE2

pre-1945 Florida route log

I accept and respect your identity as long as it's not dumb shit like "identifying as a vaccinated attack helicopter".

iBallasticwolf2

Quote from: bandit957 on October 04, 2015, 10:03:01 PM
Quote from: Brandon on October 04, 2015, 09:49:11 PM

It was hacked, and temporarily knocked offline.

We'll have it back up and running very soon.
Thank you, I was wondering what happened to the site as well since at first it was just blank and now it gives a 404 error.
Only two things are infinite in this world, stupidity, and I-75 construction

hbelkins

Any theories as to who hacked it?

Government would be tolerable if not for politicians and bureaucrats.

SteveG1988

Roads Clinched

I55,I82,I84(E&W)I88(W),I87(N),I81,I64,I74(W),I72,I57,I24,I65,I59,I12,I71,I77,I76(E&W),I70,I79,I85,I86(W),I27,I16,I97,I96,I43,I41,

bandit957

Hear the news? BipRoads is back, after the hacker attack!

US71

Quote from: bandit957 on October 06, 2015, 02:46:35 PM

I read the news today, oh boy
About a lucky man who made the grade
And though the news was rather sad
Well I just had to laugh
I saw the photograph.
Like Alice I Try To Believe Three Impossible Things Before Breakfast

US71

Quote from: bandit957 on October 06, 2015, 02:46:35 PM

NOTICE: This domain name expired on 7/8/2016 and is pending renewal or deletion.

LM117

Yep. It goes straight to GoDaddy.
http://biproads.com/?reqp=1&reqr=

No offense to those who created that site, but I don't think it stood much chance. Based on what I saw not too long ago before the domain expired, it was hardly used.
“I don’t know whether to wind my ass or scratch my watch!” - Jim Cornette

vdeane

The hacker attack pretty much killed the site IMO.  The restore wasn't perfectly complete, and many people never came back.
Please note: All comments here represent my own personal opinion and do not reflect the official position of NYSDOT or its affiliates.

jeffandnicole

Quote from: vdeane on August 01, 2016, 01:22:41 PM
The hacker attack pretty much killed the site IMO.  The restore wasn't perfectly complete, and many people never came back.

It didn't do that well before the hacker either.  I kinda remember one of the complaints about the aaroads forums (according to those deeply involved with biproads) is that it wasn't segmented enough, especially for foreign countries and other nitpick segments, which BipRoads was supposed to be much superior to. 

And then...no one used those small little sections anyway.

bandit957

It was doing great before the hacker attack ruined it.

noelbotevera

must be blawp

yey 2016 posts
Pleased to meet you
Hope you guessed my name

(Recently hacked. A human operates this account now!)

US71

Quote from: bandit957 on August 01, 2016, 01:34:45 PM
It was doing great before the hacker attack ruined it.
Who was your webguru? They couldn't find the problem?

freebrickproductions

Who founded BipRoads anyways? Did any of the people who moved over there come back over here after a while?
It's all fun & games until someone summons Cthulhu and brings about the end of the world.

I also collect traffic lights, road signs, fans, and railroad crossing equipment.

(They/Them)

slorydn1

Most of us maintained dual citizenship.
Please Note: All posts represent my personal opinions and do not represent those of any governmental agency, non-governmental agency, quasi-governmental agency or wanna be governmental agency

Counties: Counties Visited

CNGL-Leudimin

I had an account there, but never used it. I remained here anyway.
Supporter of the construction of several running gags, including I-366 with a speed limit of 85 mph (137 km/h) and the Hypotenuse.

Please note that I may mention "invalid" FM channels, i.e. ending in an even number or down to 87.5. These are valid in Europe.

LM117

Quote from: freebrickproductions on August 01, 2016, 11:52:54 PM
Who founded BipRoads anyways? Did any of the people who moved over there come back over here after a while?

bugo was one of the ones that created biproads, if I'm not mistaken. I don't think he posts in AARoads anymore. There was some big ass argument around the time biproads was created. This was a year ago, long before I joined AARoads, but I lurked for a while before joining and there was a big stink on here that led to biproads being created, IIRC. I don't remember the full details. 

SignGeek101

Quote from: LM117 on August 02, 2016, 10:48:25 AM

bugo was one of the ones that created biproads, if I'm not mistaken. I don't think he posts in AARoads anymore. There was some big ass argument around the time biproads was created. This was a year ago, long before I joined AARoads, but I lurked for a while before joining and there was a big stink on here that led to biproads being created, IIRC. I don't remember the full details.

I was involved with an argument with him a while back. Bugo (and those who followed/agreed with him) basically stated that they wanted to start a new forum that was less moderated than this one. They claimed that this forum was too heavily moderated (which is hilarious to me considering the other forums I've been on have been far more moderated). They also stated that the new forum was intended for "mature audiences" and did not include boards such as fictional highways and anything to do with making signs on a computer. They believed that to be "childish" and thus, not "mature". I put the word "mature" in quotation marks because their definition of mature included talking about poo and other ridiculous things that certainly adults would not talk about.

I'm sorry to say that he was one of the worst people I've had the unfortunate luck to talk to. His egotistical personality along with his bigotry made people that were not on MTR (too young) and those who looked at things differently squished into a corner until they submitted, myself included.

US71

Quote from: SignGeek101 on August 02, 2016, 08:25:38 PM

I'm sorry to say that he was one of the worst people I've had the unfortunate luck to talk to. His egotistical personality along with his bigotry made people that were not on MTR (too young) and those who looked at things differently squished into a corner until they submitted, myself included.

Bugo was one of the first people I "met" when I started getting serious about this hobby. He got me involved on MTR and other sites. He's not everyone's cup of tea, but I've managed to remain friends with him. YMMV. 

LM117

I was involved with an argument with him a while back. Bugo (and those who followed/agreed with him) basically stated that they wanted to start a new forum that was less moderated than this one. They claimed that this forum was too heavily moderated (which is hilarious to me considering the other forums I've been on have been far more moderated).

Yeah, I remember it now that you jogged my memory. I also found the claim that AARoads forum was too heavily moderated funny. Hell, it's definitely more relaxed here. I also post on City-Data forum (mostly in the North Carolina subforum, once in a while in the Virginia subforum), and the mods there are waaay more anal than AARoads. I found that out the hard way. Needless to say, I have no complaints about AARoads forum.

noelbotevera

Quote from: LM117 on August 02, 2016, 09:21:23 PM

I was involved with an argument with him a while back. Bugo (and those who followed/agreed with him) basically stated that they wanted to start a new forum that was less moderated than this one. They claimed that this forum was too heavily moderated (which is hilarious to me considering the other forums I've been on have been far more moderated).

Yeah, I remember it now that you jogged my memory. I also found the claim that AARoads forum was too heavily moderated funny. Hell, it's definitely more relaxed here. I also post on City-Data forum (mostly in the North Carolina subforum, once in a while in the Virginia subforum), and the mods there are waaay more anal than AARoads. I found that out the hard way. Needless to say, I have no complaints about AARoads forum.
Yeah, the mods are nicer here. They're actually funny when I looked at some older posts (such as the ethanman62187 or sr641 posts). Laughed at the responses. For some reason there was also an argument about the word "ain't".
Pleased to meet you
Hope you guessed my name

(Recently hacked. A human operates this account now!)

bandit957

I was involved with an argument with him a while back. Bugo (and those who followed/agreed with him) basically stated that they wanted to start a new forum that was less moderated than this one. They claimed that this forum was too heavily moderated (which is hilarious to me considering the other forums I've been on have been far more moderated). They also stated that the new forum was intended for "mature audiences" and did not include boards such as fictional highways and anything to do with making signs on a computer. They believed that to be "childish" and thus, not "mature". I put the word "mature" in quotation marks because their definition of mature included talking about poo and other ridiculous things that certainly adults would not talk about.

First of all, BipRoads did exactly what it was designed to do.

Second of all, Bugo doesn't give a damn what you think of him.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.