News:

Thank you for your patience during the Forum downtime while we upgraded the software. Welcome back and see this thread for some new features and other changes to the forum.

Main Menu

Google Maps State Lines

Started by ethanhopkin14, August 05, 2016, 10:20:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ethanhopkin14

On Google Maps, if you zoom into an area with a state line, I just learned if you put your cursor on the state name label, a picture of the capitol for that state appears along with the state name.  The funny thing is only the state to the east is shown.  If you put your cursor on the state labeled to the west, the east state is shown.   :pan:

7/8

I can't seem to find a consistent pattern for N and S states, but either way, every state/province pair I tried used the same state/province for both names! That is stupid.

ethanhopkin14

It's like Google had a great idea, then dropped the ball as usual.

Brandon

On the Illinois-Indiana border, near Chicago, you get a photo of the Chicago skyline when hovering over either "ILLINOIS" or "INDIANA".
"If you think this has a happy ending, you haven't been paying attention." - Ramsay Bolton

"Symbolic of his struggle against reality." - Reg

vdeane

For me it's the opposite: only the state to the west shows (in the US; reverse in Canada).  Perhaps it's which one you mouse over first?  I have the same thing with north-south borders: only north shows.
Please note: All comments here represent my own personal opinion and do not reflect the official position of NYSDOT or its affiliates.

Duke87

I am unable to get Connecticut to show from any of its four sides.

New York shows a picture New York City, not Albany...

EDIT: New Jersey shows a picture of Jersey City and Maryland shows a picture of Baltimore.

If they were trying for state Capitals they're not doing so well.
If you always take the same road, you will never see anything new.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.